Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Indexing PDF in Eclipse Help(Howto for indexing PDF file content in Eclipse help)
icon5.gif  Indexing PDF in Eclipse Help [message #527938] Sat, 17 April 2010 04:25 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

Hi!
I have a bucket of PDF files that make up help content. I would like to allow my users access to the via Eclipses built-in search. What do I have to do to include the PDFs? I have already listed the directory in the 'extradir' key of my org.eclipse.help.toc extension point. - No effect. Do I have to plug a PDF adapter into the search engine?

org.eclipse.help.base.luceneAnalyzer ?
org.eclipse.help.base.luceneSearchParticipants ?

Are there default implementations for PDF or boilerplates? Surely this must be a common case!
Ciao²
JGS
Re: Indexing PDF in Eclipse Help [message #529350 is a reply to message #527938] Fri, 23 April 2010 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
The extension point you want to use if you are using Eclipse 3.6 is org.eclipse.help.base.searchParticipant. For Eclipse 3.5 and earlier it would be org.eclipse.help.base.luceneSearchParticipant. Either of these will allow you to write your own code to add documents to the search index. searchOParticipant is preferred because it does not have any dependencies on classes in Lucene.
Re: Indexing PDF in Eclipse Help [message #899261 is a reply to message #527938] Tue, 31 July 2012 09:08 Go to previous message
Mao Lin is currently offline Mao LinFriend
Hi,
I have the same question: how to make the buit-in Lucene to index my PDF files? I know that there should be a parser to parse PDF to extract text for building index, but I am not sure whether we should code myself to do that or I can just somehow deploy a plug-in for that purpose?

Any one, any idea please?
Previous Topic:Looking for foster parent for Pdf2Toc tool
Next Topic:Can Infocenter be deployed on mainframe and mobie devices?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:02:53 GMT 2024