Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Programmer(Looking for Eclipse/RCP/Java related work)
Programmer [message #526174] Fri, 09 April 2010 06:33 Go to next message
Venky Mising name is currently offline Venky Mising nameFriend

I am looking for Eclipse/RCP/Java, Flex/Flash related work. My contact email address is venkateshkv at yahoo.com

Objective - Software Engineering position using my proven technical skills in a wide range of platform environments and languages to succeed in a fast paced, growth oriented company.

Qualifications and Background - Over ten years of system analysis, design and development experience in developing Object Oriented and Client/Server applications using C, C++, Visual C++, Java, Eclipse, WSADIE, Flex Builder 3.0, Flex SDK 3.0 and RDBMS like MS-SQL Server, Oracle and DB2. More than three years doing Java front-end, HTML and socket applications.

Achievements
Designed and developed many client side software on Windows and Linux platforms.
Developed and integrated numerous Java and C++ applications.
Developed testing utilities and did white box testing for software packages.
Developed object oriented software for various domains.

Experience
Consultant Feb2008 Till Date
Luceo Inc Dec04-Feb 2008
IBM WBI Division May02-Dec04
IBM Almaden Research Center Oct00-Apr02
IBM Almaden Research Center (contracted by: NeoTech Systems) Jul98-Sep00
Man Machine Systems Jan95-Jun98

1) Development of a flex application where it encrypts text in text editor using RC4 symmetric encryption. Worked on development of flex application using www.yworks.com yFlex framework. Worked on development of template editor and quiz editor using Flex SDK version 3 ActionScript 3 involving XML parsing/generation, communicating with back-end PHP/Java applications.

2). Luceo Inc - I worked on design and development of Eclipse based tool called CHAINarchitect. I single handedly did design and development from scratch. This product is used as IDE to develop source code based on a proprietary language. This product is still under development. I was also involved in development of minimal web version of CHAINarchitect using Adobe Flex 2.0.1 version.

3). eBay PayPal Inc.(Contracted through Luceo Inc) - I was involved in design and development client side application for PayPal API backend automation testing. My contribution was towards studying usability of API testing tool, designing GUI interface and implementing GUI interface using Eclipse development framework. I was also involved in design and development of controller which runs/manages different test case execution engine and communicates results to a master controller program.

4). Saama Inc. - I was involved in design and development of Cube Designer for Pentaho Inc. Cube Designer is a open source product developed by Pentaho Inc. My contribution was towards designing GUI interface and implementing GUI interface using Eclipse development framework. Cube designer was developed as a RCP application(Rich Client Platform).

5). PacketMotion Inc.(Contracted through Luceo Inc) - I worked on design and development of Eclipse based tools for presenting network security related information in network. My contribution also included solving customer issues and fixing bugs found at the customer site.

6). IBM WBI Division - I was involved in the design and development of WBI Tools. I contributed towards development of java code to generate WSDLs for exposing web service, development of code to write run-time monitoring tool as eclipse plug-in. I was involved in debug and development of C++ code for WBI C++ tools.

7). Autonomic Backup Project - I was involved in studying IBM Director's design, SDK and transport mechanism. Designed and developed multithreaded C++ classes for receiving notifications from IBM Director Server and communicate with the backup program.

Cool. Embedded Applications - Studied the protocol details of Storage server and developed an implementation of this protocol for the Windows CE Pocket Browser for a Storage server demonstration. Designed and developed a customized file explorer to run on Pocket PC and display the files available on the Storage server.

9). Systems Management - Implemented agents that run in remote servers to be monitored. I developed client code to talk to the agents. Used Arsdigita open source tool to implement collaboration and integrate systems management with collaboration modules.

Scared Server-Developed Client code in Java to communicate with a storage server and display directories and files using Java Swing components. Studied server protocol and developed client code the send file request using the server protocol. I performed black box testing for the Java client. I studied protocol of a LCD controller to develop code in java to display server information in LCD controller.

10). Tivoli/Whistle - Implemented custom TCPIP driver for Tivoli IT Director infrastructure to enable support for downstream machines behind a branch office firewall. I utilized Java and C++ security toolkits for encrypting traffic across the Internet.

11). CyberHub - Developed multiple Java services using CyberHub HandlerServer architecture as well as the Open Service Gateway API. Development of services using JDK and conversion of services for interfacing to environmental monitoring devices, modems and configuration of on-board services (e.g. TCPIP).

12). USMC - Development of a browser-embedded Win32 application for IGS HelpDesk services. This VC++ MFC application supports multiple web views with cascading sub-windows or separate tabs.

13). Management Server - Designed and developed front-end, back-end and Cyberhub-resident components. All components were Java-based and exploited numerous technologies including JDBC, XML, SSL sockets, Java Swing and the Oracle 8 DBMS application API.

Man Machine Systems, Madras, India Jan 95-Jun 98

1) JCover - Designed and developed the user interface code to create and display the various GUI elements involved; also implemented code to connect the domain part of the code with UI. I used Active-x controls to display the graphical form of the metrics.

2) JStyle (Conversion of Data structures to use STL) - The code and the data structures are modified to use STL (Standard Template Library) aimed at using standard structures and algorithms. Various containers like vectors, deque were used in the code.

3) Java Test - Implemented code for the user interface part. I used MFC and third party libraries to create dockable Windows, Rich edit views and other interface objects.

4) JStyle (Implementation of Class File Reader and Browser)-Studied the Java's binary class file format and implemented code to parse the binary class files and build data structures based on the parsed information. The data collected will be used to generate Metrics information and comments on the Java classes and functions. I developed code to create browser file based on the parsed information from the Java Source. The browser API is used to build the data structures and initialize it by reading from the browser File. I used MFC to create user interface elements.

5) BUSINESS LOGIC ENGINE -Testing of library modules for the pensions BLE. The test method used is of White Box type. The test data reside in the tables in SQL SERVER. The Database server connection is done through ODBC driver. Developed code to test several BLE's library functions spread across various DLLs.

6) JSTYLE for JAVA Software - Involved in the development of modules for creating GUI components and interface to connect it to the Active-X control for creating graphical charts of the metrics report on the modules in the project. Also created modules for GUI and interface code to connect it to Active - X control for creating test controls to create and display the metrics report in the RTF (Rich Text Format).

7) Pensions BLE (Business Logic Engine)-Converted the code for various modules written in MS-Access Basic to C++. Used Win 32, Standard C++ Library functions and implemented other utility functions. Also designed and developed the test subsystem for Date and Time utilities. I was also involved in Testing (White Box type) and debugging for the above modules.

Cool Generic Security Module - Developed GUI using MFC. Security Module facilitates a User to restrict the access of a System. It has GUI for the configuration and 16 bit & 32 bit DLLs for the implementation of the security in various modules.
Re: Programmer [message #535835 is a reply to message #526174] Tue, 25 May 2010 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben  is currently offline Ben Friend
Venky,

Send me an email at Ben_Ziskind@oxfordcorp.com.

Are you in the states or abroad?
Re: Programmer [message #545885 is a reply to message #526174] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:27 Go to previous message
Raj Saini is currently offline Raj SainiFriend
Andrew,

This news group is Eclipse and related technologies job posting. Please
do not post generic posts jobs here.

Group Admin,

Can we get rid of unwanted job postings which are not related to Eclipse.

Thanks,

Raj

On 09/07/10 18:12, andrew wrote:
> Senior .NET/C# Applications Developer BB
>
> Dish Network needs a Developer for one of its offices in your area. Must
> be experienced. Must have clean background.
>
> Apply through the link below:
>
> http://www.JobPlacementassociation.com
>
Previous Topic:RCP Developer Wanted - NY, NY, USA
Next Topic:Urgent: Two Research Associates at Chemnitz University of Technology (Germany)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:28:31 GMT 2024