Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » [Enhancement] Please improve Exceptions to show more detail when it occur ClassNotFoundException.
icon3.gif  [Enhancement] Please improve Exceptions to show more detail when it occur ClassNotFoundException. [message #525628] Wed, 07 April 2010 09:24
Hiroki Kondo is currently offline Hiroki KondoFriend
Hi all,

I sometimes hang up when it was occured like ClassNotFoundException or NoClassDefError by I set wrong value to MANIFEST.MF.

I'd like to read why it is occured.Maybe I expand other feature using Fragment bundle, or I missed to install some bundles, or ... and so on.

BTW,Springframework shows more detailed messages when developer missed something. And the framework throws original Exceptions.

OSGi spec is very simple, but sometimes I wasted long time by a trivial thing.I think OSGi beginners can't solve these errors and then they give up to use OSGi.

How do you think?
Re: [Enhancement] Please improve Exceptions to show more detail when it occur ClassNotFoundException [message #525670 is a reply to message #525628] Wed, 07 April 2010 07:44 Go to previous message
Ralf Ebert is currently offline Ralf EbertFriend
Hi Hiroki,

> BTW,Springframework shows more detailed messages when developer missed
> something. And the framework throws original Exceptions.

that's a good idea in general. What exception messages were not comprehensible in your
case? Do you happen to have a stack trace?

Greetings,

Ralf

--
http://www.ralfebert.de/blog/
http://twitter.com/ralfebert/
Previous Topic:How to modularize a JSF/Facelets/Spring application with OSGi?
Next Topic:Why is Eclipse 3.4.2- orders faster than Eclipse 3.5.0+?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:42:37 GMT 2024