Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Adding Other Programming Language to Eclipse
Adding Other Programming Language to Eclipse [message #525258] Mon, 05 April 2010 17:05 Go to next message
Fabio Munhoz is currently offline Fabio MunhozFriend
I've been searching around the internet lately about adding your own programming language to Eclipse. First I though PDE was the best solution, but on my searches I found about eScript, which would make things a lot easier.
The language would be a simple scripting language, with a few functions, used to create game elements for eAthena (Ragnarok Online Emulator).
The problem is that everywhere I find anything talking about eScript, the links to the plugin are dead.
Does anyone knows how to get this plugin, or even if this is the best option ? I mean, maybe sticking to PDE would be easier.

Thank you very muchin advance.

Fábio~

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2010 21:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding Other Programming Language to Eclipse [message #525685 is a reply to message #525258] Wed, 07 April 2010 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohamed Hussein is currently offline Mohamed HusseinFriend
I don't think PDE is the right place to look, I guess that XText might be the solution to look for.
http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/

Best Regards,
Mohamed.
Re: Adding Other Programming Language to Eclipse [message #525716 is a reply to message #525685] Wed, 07 April 2010 14:40 Go to previous message
Fabio Munhoz is currently offline Fabio MunhozFriend
Thank you for the reply.
I'll look more deeply into this.
Previous Topic:Hooking into ltk refactoring lifecycle and own PreviewPage
Next Topic:Adding Other Language to Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:39:33 GMT 2024