Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Masterpage - Footer(Some of the Footer elements are required to be shown on only last page)
Masterpage - Footer [message #524013] Tue, 30 March 2010 10:24 Go to next message
prakash  is currently offline prakash Friend
I have a requrement where I need to show some of the footer elements should be displayed only on last page, and the other elements in the footer will be displayed on every page.
I have tyried to hide using pageNumber==totalPages, but it didnt work. Anyother ways to do it?
Re: Masterpage - Footer [message #524420 is a reply to message #524013] Wed, 31 March 2010 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Prakash,

If you are using separate run and render task (ie frameset servlet
mapping in the viewer) you could put an onrender script on items in the
footer that have a script like:

if( pageNumber == totalPage ){
this.getStyle().backgroundColor = "Red";
}else{
this.getStyle().display = "none";
}

Jason

prakash wrote:
> I have a requrement where I need to show some of the footer elements
> should be displayed only on last page, and the other elements in the
> footer will be displayed on every page.
> I have tyried to hide using pageNumber==totalPages, but it didnt work.
> Anyother ways to do it?
Re: Masterpage - Footer [message #524473 is a reply to message #524420] Thu, 01 April 2010 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I am using engine API to run my report, and I cannot change RunAndRender to 'Run' then 'Render'. Any other ways to do it? I wonder this is such simple requirement, and BIRT doesnt have a straight forward solution.
Re: Masterpage - Footer [message #525305 is a reply to message #524013] Tue, 06 April 2010 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As there are no replies from the community, I assume BIRT doesnt provide solution for a simple requirement like this. If that is true, then it is high time that BIRT team revisit their solution for basic and simple requirements that needs to be simple and straight not some tricky workarounds. BIRT team is listening I believe.
Re: Masterpage - Footer [message #525492 is a reply to message #525305] Tue, 06 April 2010 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Prakash,

Is there a reason you can not use a run task and then a render task from
the API?

Jason

prakash wrote:
> As there are no replies from the community, I assume BIRT doesnt provide
> solution for a simple requirement like this. If that is true, then it is
> high time that BIRT team revisit their solution for basic and simple
> requirements that needs to be simple and straight not some tricky
> workarounds. BIRT team is listening I believe.
Re: Masterpage - Footer [message #526546 is a reply to message #525492] Mon, 12 April 2010 09:09 Go to previous message
Jason,

Yes, the reson is simple, we dont want to change the current method to generate the reports as some of the reports are already in production. I have tried Run then Render, which failed to execute some of the scripts that were working fine with RunAndRender task.

Since you mentioned it, the original script is attached to 'onRender' event, meaning, expression should be evaluated at the time of 'Render' which means, choice of Task should not matter in producing the accurate results as both tasks does a Render job. Moreover, pageNumber and totalPage variables should be made available with accurate values for 'onRender' event irrespective of the task that we choose. This is very very basic and fundamental requirement I believe.
Previous Topic:Basic Text printout
Next Topic:[Chart] repeating label on X-axis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:17:17 GMT 2024