Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Technology Project and PMC » [HELP] Eclipse & Linux
[HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #52806] Sun, 20 April 2003 19:13 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nospam.brandmaier.de

Hi all!

I tried to start Eclipse (linux-gtk 2.0 and linux-gtk 2.1) but it failed!
I only get the splash screen and the following console errors:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
home/user/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/os/linux /x86/libswt-pi-gtk-2133.so:
/usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Seek_Stream

Can anyone help please?

Thank you,
Andy
Re: [HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #52859 is a reply to message #52806] Mon, 21 April 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nospam.brandmaier.de

Hi!

It's me again. I now fetched an older version of the freetype6-library.
It seems that the problem is related to fonts.

Eclipse manages to start now, but there is a strange default font
and it crashes after 1 second leaving the splash screen on the
desktop... *hrmpf*

I get the error:

** ERROR **: file pangofc-fontmap.cI: line 407
(pango_fc_font_map_list_families): assertion failed: (res == FcResultMatch)
aborting...


andy ideas?

thx,
Andy
Re: [HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #52884 is a reply to message #52859] Mon, 21 April 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Whiteman is currently offline David WhitemanFriend
Messages: 166
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Andreas Brandmaier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It's me again. I now fetched an older version of the freetype6-library.
> It seems that the problem is related to fonts.
>
> Eclipse manages to start now, but there is a strange default font
> and it crashes after 1 second leaving the splash screen on the
> desktop... *hrmpf*
>
> I get the error:
>
> ** ERROR **: file pangofc-fontmap.cI: line 407
> (pango_fc_font_map_list_families): assertion failed: (res == FcResultMatch)
> aborting...
>
>
> andy ideas?
>
> thx,
> Andy
>

Are you using the minimal required version of GTK (2.0.6)? You might
get better visibility posting to eclipse.platform or eclipse.platform.swt.

David
Re: [HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #52987 is a reply to message #52806] Wed, 23 April 2003 10:45 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: iberthon.freenet.co.uk

In article <b7ujrf$6p3$1@rogue.oti.com>, nospam@brandmaier.de says...
> Hi all!
>
> I tried to start Eclipse (linux-gtk 2.0 and linux-gtk 2.1) but it failed!
> I only get the splash screen and the following console errors:
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> home/user/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/os/linux /x86/libswt-pi-gtk-2133.so:
> /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Seek_Stream
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thank you,
> Andy
>
>
I had the same problem (running a patched up Debian 'Woody') After
searching the Eclipse and Gnome Bugzilla archives I discovered that it
was caused by incompatible versions of Pango and Freetype (see
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96308)

Looking through my installed packages, it looked like the packaging
system got confused somewhere and held onto old versions of fontconfig,
libfontconfig and libxft2. Once I'd manually sorted out the dependency
problems (think I ended up downgrading libfreetype6 and then applying
the updates individually) Eclipse started working again.

Hope This Helps!
Ian.

---
Remove 'nospam.please' when replying
Re: [HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #593121 is a reply to message #52806] Mon, 21 April 2003 12:39 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nospam.brandmaier.de

Hi!

It's me again. I now fetched an older version of the freetype6-library.
It seems that the problem is related to fonts.

Eclipse manages to start now, but there is a strange default font
and it crashes after 1 second leaving the splash screen on the
desktop... *hrmpf*

I get the error:

** ERROR **: file pangofc-fontmap.cI: line 407
(pango_fc_font_map_list_families): assertion failed: (res == FcResultMatch)
aborting...


andy ideas?

thx,
Andy
Re: [HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #593131 is a reply to message #52859] Mon, 21 April 2003 14:18 Go to previous message
David Whiteman is currently offline David WhitemanFriend
Messages: 166
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Andreas Brandmaier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It's me again. I now fetched an older version of the freetype6-library.
> It seems that the problem is related to fonts.
>
> Eclipse manages to start now, but there is a strange default font
> and it crashes after 1 second leaving the splash screen on the
> desktop... *hrmpf*
>
> I get the error:
>
> ** ERROR **: file pangofc-fontmap.cI: line 407
> (pango_fc_font_map_list_families): assertion failed: (res == FcResultMatch)
> aborting...
>
>
> andy ideas?
>
> thx,
> Andy
>

Are you using the minimal required version of GTK (2.0.6)? You might
get better visibility posting to eclipse.platform or eclipse.platform.swt.

David
Re: [HELP] Eclipse & Linux [message #593168 is a reply to message #52806] Wed, 23 April 2003 10:45 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: iberthon.freenet.co.uk

In article <b7ujrf$6p3$1@rogue.oti.com>, nospam@brandmaier.de says...
> Hi all!
>
> I tried to start Eclipse (linux-gtk 2.0 and linux-gtk 2.1) but it failed!
> I only get the splash screen and the following console errors:
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> home/user/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/os/linux /x86/libswt-pi-gtk-2133.so:
> /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Seek_Stream
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thank you,
> Andy
>
>
I had the same problem (running a patched up Debian 'Woody') After
searching the Eclipse and Gnome Bugzilla archives I discovered that it
was caused by incompatible versions of Pango and Freetype (see
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96308)

Looking through my installed packages, it looked like the packaging
system got confused somewhere and held onto old versions of fontconfig,
libfontconfig and libxft2. Once I'd manually sorted out the dependency
problems (think I ended up downgrading libfreetype6 and then applying
the updates individually) Eclipse started working again.

Hope This Helps!
Ian.

---
Remove 'nospam.please' when replying
Previous Topic:best set up
Next Topic:Access to JavaDoc
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Apr 22 22:52:02 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04000 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top