Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Opening IProject properties when another (adaptable to IProject) object is selected
Opening IProject properties when another (adaptable to IProject) object is selected [message #522111] Sat, 20 March 2010 02:52
Stan is currently offline StanFriend
I have a custom view displaying a hierarchy model of the current project. The root element is of class MyProject which is my own class, but it represents one Eclipse IProject, and it's adaptable to IProject.

I have a "properties" menu option in the popup menu for that view, and I'd like to open up IProject's properties when a MyProject object is selected. PropertyDialogAction only looks for property pages registered for MyProject and doesn't give me a chance to offer an adapter -- or, at least, I don't know how to offer one.

What's the proper solution for this?

In the meantime, I've overridden PropertyDialogAction to handle my class in the special way I require, but that seems like quite a kludge to get this done.
Previous Topic:Plugin Update Site Hosted by SVN Has Problems?
Next Topic:Opening IProject properties when another (adaptable to IProject) object is selected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:45:04 GMT 2024