Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Export wizard for my plug-in
Export wizard for my plug-in [message #521616] Thu, 18 March 2010 10:18 Go to next message
lalakis  is currently offline lalakis Friend
Hello everyone,
I implemented a plug-in for Eclipse.The plug-in shows a button at the tool bar and when you click it another GUI(java. swing) is appeared.My problem is that i have the GUI code in a jar file and i induded the jar in the lib properties of Eclipse and when i click the button is works fine.But when i am trying to export the plug in ina single file it i get an error in my log file saying that it cannot resolve an import.But in my Eclipse environment when i am running it i do not have any problems.
Any ideas please?
Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #521636 is a reply to message #521616] Thu, 18 March 2010 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sophie Andrieu is currently offline Sophie AndrieuFriend
Hello !

Have you add the jar into the Binary Build (build.properties) ?
Have you add the jar into the Classpath (MANIFEST.MF) ?

Sophie
Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #522335 is a reply to message #521636] Mon, 22 March 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I follow the instructions from here : http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Plug-in_Development_FAQ#I.27 m_using_third_party_jar_files_and_my_plug-in_is_not_working. .. and now it works fine
Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #526552 is a reply to message #522335] Mon, 12 April 2010 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As i previous mentioned i implemented an eclipse plugin which creates an icon on eclipse toolbar and you click it it loads a java application.From the development workbench i tested the application by clicking " launch an eclipse application" under the overview tab.After that a new workbenched was loaded and my plugin works fine.Then i create a feature project,i defined correctly all the dependencies of the plugin,and then i created an upadate site.I uploaded the contents of my update project up to a webserver and from a new eclipse workbench i download and install the plug in.But when i am trying to execute the plug in i got an error:"The choosen operation is no supported".
And then i checked the error log and it has the below errors:

Could not create action delegate for id:
org.gems.test.atag.atag.actions.MenuHandler

"Plug-in "org.gems.test.atag.atag" was unable to instantiate class "org.gems.test.atag.atag.MenuHandler"."

MenuHandler is the handler for my action
<extension point = "org.eclipse.ui.actionSets">
<actionSet
id="org.gems.test.atag.atag"
label="Srijan"
visible="true"
description="The action set for the Eclipse Hello World example">
<menu
id="org.gems.test.atag.atag.HelloWorldMenu"
label="Srijan">
<separator name="Srijan"/>
</menu>
<action id="org.gems.test.atag.atag.actions.MenuHandler"
menubarPath="org.gems.test.atag.atag.HelloWorldMenu/Srijan"
toolbarPath="Normal"
label="Launch Srijan"
tooltip="Start Srijan toolkit"
icon="ATAG.gif"
class="org.gems.test.atag.atag.MenuHandler"/>
</actionSet>
</extension>

any ideas?

Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #526614 is a reply to message #526552] Mon, 12 April 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw the log ans it says that a specific class could not be loaded.This class is included in a jar file and i have included this jar into my plugin,and it is also mentioned in the manifest file at the Bundle-ClassPath section
Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #605188 is a reply to message #521636] Mon, 22 March 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I follow the instructions from here : http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Plug-in_Development_FAQ#I.27 m_using_third_party_jar_files_and_my_plug-in_is_not_working. . and now it works fine
Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #605563 is a reply to message #605188] Mon, 12 April 2010 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As i previous mentioned i implemented an eclipse plugin which creates an icon on eclipse toolbar and you click it it loads a java application.From the development workbench i tested the application by clicking " launch an eclipse application" under the overview tab.After that a new workbenched was loaded and my plugin works fine.Then i create a feature project,i defined correctly all the dependencies of the plugin,and then i created an upadate site.I uploaded the contents of my update project up to a webserver and from a new eclipse workbench i download and install the plug in.But when i am trying to execute the plug in i got an error:"The choosen operation is no supported".
And then i checked the error log and it has the below errors:

Could not create action delegate for id:
org.gems.test.atag.atag.actions.MenuHandler

"Plug-in "org.gems.test.atag.atag" was unable to instantiate class "org.gems.test.atag.atag.MenuHandler"."

MenuHandler is the handler for my action
<extension point = "org.eclipse.ui.actionSets">
<actionSet
id="org.gems.test.atag.atag"
label="Srijan"
visible="true"
description="The action set for the Eclipse Hello World example">
<menu
id="org.gems.test.atag.atag.HelloWorldMenu"
label="Srijan">
<separator name="Srijan"/>
</menu>
<action id="org.gems.test.atag.atag.actions.MenuHandler"
menubarPath="org.gems.test.atag.atag.HelloWorldMenu/Srijan"
toolbarPath="Normal"
label="Launch Srijan"
tooltip="Start Srijan toolkit"
icon="ATAG.gif"
class="org.gems.test.atag.atag.MenuHandler"/>
</actionSet>
</extension>

any ideas?
Re: Export wizard for my plug-in [message #605565 is a reply to message #605563] Mon, 12 April 2010 12:38 Go to previous message
I saw the log ans it says that a specific class could not be loaded.This class is included in a jar file and i have included this jar into my plugin,and it is also mentioned in the manifest file at the Bundle-ClassPath section
Previous Topic:Handling back and next button in Multiple Page Wizards
Next Topic:Different command handler policy between a toolbar and a menu bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:48:57 GMT 2024