Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Execution Environments and Validation
Execution Environments and Validation [message #521503] Wed, 17 March 2010 19:59
Jason Barkanic is currently offline Jason BarkanicFriend
I have a thirdparty bundle in my target platform which imports javax.xml.namespace. The bundle's BREE is J2SE-1.4 but I'm going to be running in JavaSE-1.6.

JavaSE-1.6 provides javax.xml.namespace, but I don't know how to set up PDE to acknowledge that. It seems to just look at the bundles BREE and validate on that. I've noticed this in the following places:
-Validate Bundles in launch config
-Target platform state view
-Product Export wizard

Setting the execution environment of the launch config, target platform, or the product (to JavaSE-1.6) doesn't seem to do anything.

BTW, if I do launch everything is fine, regardless of the validation errors (as one would expect since JavaSE-1.6 does provide javax.xml.namespace)

Is there any way I can configure the PDE tooling to only show me errors that will actually be errors at runtime? The ui errors are annoying noise, but the export wizard is a real problem.

I suppose workarounds could be wrapping the bundle and specifying the BREE as JavaSE-1.6, or including a physical bundle that exports javax.xml.namespace. Are those my only options, I hope I'm missing something in the tooling?

-Jason
Previous Topic:Opening an Eclipse editor from an HTML link
Next Topic:Execution Environments and Validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:38:55 GMT 2024