Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Resize of the parent won´t resize the child itself
Resize of the parent won´t resize the child itself [message #519827] Wed, 10 March 2010 06:05
StefanK  is currently offline StefanK Friend
Hi everyone,

I´m currently working on a GEF based GuiEditor for Eclipse. Pretty much of the functionality is already available, but there is still a problem left which bugs me all the time.

Example:
The user draws a DialogWindow, which is a container for Simplecomponents like Buttons etc.. If the user changes the location of the DialogWindow, the visual is refreshed and so is the button child. The problem starts now, if i delete the dialogWindow after resizing it and use "undo" to undo the delete, the coordinates of the button are still the same as before the resizing, which leads to a false placement of the button..

the propertyChange Method within my DialogWindowEditPart:
if (evt.getPropertyName().equals(
					DialogWindow.PROPERTY_CONSTRAINT_CHANGED)) {
				refreshVisuals();
				refreshChildren();
			}

refreshVisuals() and refreshChildren() are called, if the user resizes the DialogWindow.. I thought that maybe through the refreshChildren() call the refreshVisuals() of the ButtonEditPart may be called or is my thinking not correct?

Same goes for the "table component", which has columns as it´s child. If I resize the table itself, the children won´t be refreshed..

else if (evt.getPropertyName().equals(
				UITable.PROPERTY_CONSTRAINT_CHANGED)) {
			refreshChildren();
			refreshVisuals();
		}

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it a lot

Best regards
StefanK
Previous Topic:[Zest] setCurveDepth + Label Position
Next Topic:PaletteEntry - ToolEntry - Enable/Disable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:57:03 GMT 2024