Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Export to EAR fails to include J2EE dependencies from Utility Projects
Export to EAR fails to include J2EE dependencies from Utility Projects [message #519798] Wed, 10 March 2010 01:43
Jeff Leong is currently offline Jeff LeongFriend
Hi All,

I have a web application that I am trying to package into an EAR from several disparate Eclipse projects.

When I create an EAR faceted project and export the EAR, the resulting EAR file has all the checked dependencies of my EJB and WAR projects, but none of the jars my J2EE Utility Projects are specifically dependent on.

I have all the jars checked in the EAR project, and also checked in the J2EE dependency section of the Utility Projects. Jars that are referenced from both EJB or WAR projects and the Utility Projects make it in. It is only the libraries that are only referenced by the Utility Projects that fail to make it in.

I have no relevant classpath dependency validator messages, and using the Glassfish 3 plugin, I deploy sucessfully to a locally running glassfish 3 instance (via the plugin's exploded jars method) which correctly copies all the relevant jars. So it seems this behavior is specific to the Export -> EAR functionality.

I am running WTP 3.1.1 on Eclipse 3.5.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2010 01:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:syntax highligth for php AND js
Next Topic:JAX-WS Tools Move review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:27:35 GMT 2024