Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » can't debug, or even view, my project in Eclipse(I just downloaded a new install of Eclipse (complete bundle) and I can't seem to get a simple project to run)
can't debug, or even view, my project in Eclipse [message #519074] Sat, 06 March 2010 01:53
Roger Knowles is currently offline Roger KnowlesFriend
I downloaded eclipse-php-galileo-SR1-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar.gz from the eclipse site and installed it on my Macbook running Snow Leopard. I opened Eclipse and created a simple php project with an index.html page and a php page. I am trying to view the project in a browser from within Eclipse, and I am having no luck (the file can't be found). If I try to debug it by creating a configuration, I get the following error:

The file 'http://localhost/dummy.php', which is required by the Zend Debugger, could not be found. Please verify that the Zend Debugger is properly installed on the server and that the 'dummy.php' is located in your Web server's document root (e.g. Apache's /htdocs folder)

I can't find a "dummy.php" file anywhere on my computer. I can find some Zend files, buried deep in the "plugins" subdirectory of my Eclipse install.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

UPDATE: I was able to get the "Test Debugger" functionality to work! When I test the debugger, I get success. So, that is working but, I still get the "Not Found" message when the browser is launched (when I choose "run"). I have tried mapping a path but, with no luck.

[to get the debugger test to work, in the Run Configurations dialog, choose Configure on the Server tab, and in the box marked "Enter the URL that points to the document root of this server", I entered "http://localhost:10088". I found this address in the document "Zend-Server-CE-Installation-Guide-V40-n.pdf"]

I am still looking for ways to get the page to display in a browser.

Good greif, this is nuts!

[Updated on: Sun, 07 March 2010 01:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Multiple errors in installing PDT 2.2 + DLTK
Next Topic:Remote editing + debugging. Newbie with PDT.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:38:49 GMT 2024