Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Technology Project and PMC » Eclipse for Linux on PPC (Macintosh)?
Eclipse for Linux on PPC (Macintosh)? [message #52257] Fri, 11 April 2003 08:59 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: harry.kranz.web.de

Hi,
is there a version for the Debian Linux on a PowerPC (Macintosh G4)? Or
can I simply compile the source code for a particular, different plattform?
Thank you very much for your help!
Kind regards,
Henry
Re: Eclipse for Linux on PPC (Macintosh)? [message #52309 is a reply to message #52257] Fri, 11 April 2003 15:06 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: burner.zclipse.org

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:59:59 +0000, Henry wrote:

> Hi,
> is there a version for the Debian Linux on a PowerPC (Macintosh G4)? Or
> can I simply compile the source code for a particular, different
> plattform? Thank you very much for your help!

This is not quite the correct newsgroup for such a post (you should use
eclipse.tools), but to answer your question, I would expect that you would
be able to grab the source and build it. The old way (before the carbon
port) to run eclipse on OS/X was to use compile swt against fink's gtk2,
os it _should_ work, though there may be a thing or two that needs to be
hacked.

mike

> Kind regards,
> Henry
Re: Eclipse for Linux on PPC (Macintosh)? [message #592864 is a reply to message #52257] Fri, 11 April 2003 15:06 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: burner.zclipse.org

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:59:59 +0000, Henry wrote:

> Hi,
> is there a version for the Debian Linux on a PowerPC (Macintosh G4)? Or
> can I simply compile the source code for a particular, different
> plattform? Thank you very much for your help!

This is not quite the correct newsgroup for such a post (you should use
eclipse.tools), but to answer your question, I would expect that you would
be able to grab the source and build it. The old way (before the carbon
port) to run eclipse on OS/X was to use compile swt against fink's gtk2,
os it _should_ work, though there may be a thing or two that needs to be
hacked.

mike

> Kind regards,
> Henry
Previous Topic:CVS Share Project does not import files
Next Topic:How to creat SWT Popup Menu by clicking mouse in Swing component?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:40:36 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02995 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top