Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Save not working when overriding createWindowContents()
Save not working when overriding createWindowContents() [message #517080] Fri, 26 February 2010 06:37 Go to next message
Achim is currently offline AchimFriend
Hello!

I have a problem with editor save when overriding createWindowContents() in my ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor class.

What is working:
- Editor opens and Object is editable
- Editor is set dirty when Object is changed (e.g. save button in toolbar is activated and editor head is changed from 'Object' to 'Object *')
- when closing editor there is the usual "Do you want to save changes" message

What is not working:
- Save button does not work (e.g. it stays activated and editor head stays 'Object *')
- Save in "Do you want to save changes" messagebox on editor close is not working (e.g. it disapiers as usual but the editor is not closed and head is still 'Object *')

When commenting the createWindowContents() function/code so the super function in WorkbenchWindowAdvisor is used the save button und the editor close + save on close is working again. In my function there are only own toolbar, menubar and logo added, nothing with (save-)listeners or something.

Is this a know problem? Do you have an idea what I'm doing wrong or have missed?

Thanks!
Re: Save not working when overriding createWindowContents() [message #518572 is a reply to message #517080] Thu, 04 March 2010 14:15 Go to previous message
Achim is currently offline AchimFriend
Can I check something?

Are there more informations needed?
Previous Topic:[Databinding] Validate that item only appears once in IObservableList
Next Topic:Maintaining file rights for different platforms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:07:52 GMT 2024