Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Create WebService API with Multiple Classes(Create WebService API with Multiple Classes)
Create WebService API with Multiple Classes [message #516519] Wed, 24 February 2010 10:36
Jamie  is currently offline Jamie Friend
Hi

I know how to create a basic Axis 2 web service using Eclipse WTP when exposing one class, however, how does one specify an entire API with a large number of classes?

For example, I would like to split up the web service functions into Customer, Supplier, Distributor, etc. instead of keeping everything in one class. Furthermore, I want to have one login session across all classes. Its not clear on how to do this.

Say I have a class called System and expose it as a web service:

public class System {

public static Customer getCustomer() { return new Customer(); }
public static Supplier getSupplier() { return new Supplier(); }
public static void login(String username, String password) throws AxisFault;
}

Where Customer, Supplier are meant to be web service interfaces not objects to be passed back to the client.

Now, I want the caller to be able access the web sevice like System.getCustomer().getRecord(id); The above wont work, as the Customer object is not designed to be passed to the client. In such a case, I required to create a web service for each one of the exposed classes in my API? How do I implement unified login across all exposed classes? Must I run the WTP wizard for each of the classes? How do I have one session across all classes in the API?

Many thanks

Jamie
Previous Topic:Encoding problems
Next Topic:Re: update problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:51:16 GMT 2024