Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Current Line Number in External Tools Arguments?(Is it possible to pass the current line number to an external tools launch?)
Current Line Number in External Tools Arguments? [message #515400] Thu, 18 February 2010 16:40 Go to next message
Ryan  is currently offline Ryan Friend
I am looking to get the current line number of the cursor to an external tools launch. There seem to be a long list of variables accessible but I cannot seem to find one that would get me the current line number of the cursor. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Currently my arguments are:

/command:blame /path:"${resource_loc}" /line:${string_prompt} /startrev:1 /endrev:-1

I would like to replace ${string_prompt} with something along the lines of ${cursor_line_number}
Re: Current Line Number in External Tools Arguments? [message #522678 is a reply to message #515400] Tue, 23 March 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, is this not possible?

Thanks
Re: Current Line Number in External Tools Arguments? [message #522832 is a reply to message #522678] Wed, 24 March 2010 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
It is possible if someone provides the variable(variable resolver) but I couldn't find such provider.
So try this one at your own risk.
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/pdt-tools/releases/46542
(Download jar file into eclipse/dropins folder)
This provides ${selected_line}.

Maybe you can request the variable against eclipse/platform since org.eclipse.debug.ui plug-in provides ${selected_text}.
This is not concerned with PDT anyway. You had better to ask more at Platform forum.
Re: Current Line Number in External Tools Arguments? [message #523496 is a reply to message #522832] Fri, 26 March 2010 15:39 Go to previous message
This worked perfectly, thank you very much!
Previous Topic:Templates
Next Topic:PDT Can't open PHP file!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:10:11 GMT 2024