Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Why PropertySheetPage doesn't work for my GMF plugin?
Why PropertySheetPage doesn't work for my GMF plugin? [message #514054] Fri, 12 February 2010 10:28 Go to next message
Giovanni De Sossi is currently offline Giovanni De SossiFriend

Hi,

I have a GMF-based plugin, in which I have implemented a custom navigator (based on CNF) showing only my model objects. The items I display in the tree are the ItemProvider generated by EMF; so, they are all ItemPropertySource and then I should be able to display their properties in the standard property sheet page: it doesn't happen, when I select an Item on the tree the property sheet remains blank.

Anyone knows about this?

Regards,

Giovanni.
Re: Why PropertySheetPage doesn't work for my GMF plugin? [message #514325 is a reply to message #514054] Sun, 14 February 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dinko Ivanov is currently offline Dinko IvanovFriend
Hello Jiovanni,
I had similar issue, and I found a solution - http:// dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.modeling.gmf/msg03701 .html. Check in your EMF edit plugin.xml that the item provider factory is defined for the same model URI as your Ecore model.

Regards,
Dinko
Re: Why PropertySheetPage doesn't work for my GMF plugin? [message #514406 is a reply to message #514325] Mon, 15 February 2010 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Dinko,

thank you very much for your suggestion; unfortunately, my edit/plugin.xml is right, the URI defined in the Factory is the same of my Ecore model....I hope anyone can help, I don't understand where and what is the problem.

Regards,

Giovanni.
Re: Why PropertySheetPage doesn't work for my GMF plugin? [message #515265 is a reply to message #514406] Thu, 18 February 2010 10:12 Go to previous message

Hi,

I try to better explain the problem: my Navigator (based on CNF) doesn't provide selection input to standard properties sheet, and this should be impossible, because the Navigator (better: it's superclass, CommonNavigator) register itself as a SelectionProvider. My Navigator is in a different plugin from the GMFDiagram plugin, which provides properties pages, but IMHO this should not make a difference.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

Giovanni.
Previous Topic:CanonicalEditPolicy vs. Connection Label Edit Parts
Next Topic:Synchronize semantic and notation information on editor start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:00:04 GMT 2024