Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question(8 hours is too long to figure this out)
[EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514001] Fri, 12 February 2010 00:22 Go to next message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
I am starting to get frustrated with the EEF tutorial. I followed it, and I got to the "Generate EEF Architecture". Supposedly, according to the tutorial, there should be:

> The generation produce a partial plugin.xml that you can use
> to fill your own plugin.xml with. It is located in the generation
> root folder and is named like "XXX_properties.plugin.xml".

Where is this file??? I know the XXX can vary, but I do not have any files named anything.properties.plugin.xml.

Either I did something wrong, or it is not generating the file.

I have the standard EMF setup: a model project, and edit project and an editor project. The MyApp.components and MyApp.eefgen files were generated in a model folder added to me edit project.

I added a src-gen directory in the edit project, but it is empty. It does not even show up in the Eclipse tool, but I can see it with any file browser.

I made sure my edit project had a dependency on the org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime. I checked that my editor project had a dependency on this same file by looking at the editor project's dependency hierarchy. The dependency for the editor project is thru the edit project.

I cannot find this partial plugin file that I am supposed to cut and paste with:
> file ( XXX_properties.plugin.xml ) contains all the necessary
> code to declare the properties views, so you can copy/paste
> the contents in your plugin.xml file.

I need some help here.
Thanks.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514129 is a reply to message #514001] Fri, 12 February 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Bouchet is currently offline Stephane BouchetFriend
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Herb,

comments below

Herb Miller a écrit :
> I am starting to get frustrated with the EEF tutorial. I followed it,
> and I got to the "Generate EEF Architecture". Supposedly, according to
> the tutorial, there should be:
>
>> The generation produce a partial plugin.xml that you can use
>> to fill your own plugin.xml with. It is located in the generation
>> root folder and is named like "XXX_properties.plugin.xml".
>
> Where is this file??? I know the XXX can vary, but I do not have any
> files named anything.properties.plugin.xml.
>
> Either I did something wrong, or it is not generating the file.
>
> I have the standard EMF setup: a model project, and edit project and an
> editor project. The MyApp.components and MyApp.eefgen files were
> generated in a model folder added to me edit project.
>
> I added a src-gen directory in the edit project, but it is empty. It
> does not even show up in the Eclipse tool, but I can see it with any
> file browser.

hummm, it is weird. did you refresh your project to be accurate ? (
right-click then refresh on the edit project )
you must have a source folder named src-gen in the edit project.
then, be sure that the generation directory is properly set :
open the eefgen model, select the "model" element and verify that the
"generation directory" property is set to /your-edit-project-name/src-gen

check also the error view, to be sure there is no generation issues.

again, have a look to the live demo :
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/videos/emf-library- in-5-mn.htm

>
> I made sure my edit project had a dependency on the
> org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime. I checked that my editor project had a
> dependency on this same file by looking at the editor project's
> dependency hierarchy. The dependency for the editor project is thru the
> edit project.
>
> I cannot find this partial plugin file that I am supposed to cut and
> paste with:
>> file ( XXX_properties.plugin.xml ) contains all the necessary
>> code to declare the properties views, so you can copy/paste
>> the contents in your plugin.xml file.
>
> I need some help here.
> Thanks.
>
>

Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="stephane_bouchet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="stephane_bouchet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuO3F1b3RlZC1wcmludGFibGU6U3Q9QzM9QTlwaGFu ZSBCb3VjaGV0
DQpuO3F1b3RlZC1wcmludGFibGU6Qm91Y2hldDtTdD1DMz1BOXBoYW5lDQpv cmc6T2Jlbw0K
YWRyOjs7Ozs7O0ZyYW5jZQ0KZW1haWw7aW50ZXJuZXQ6c3RlcGhhbmUuYm91 Y2hldEBvYmVv
LmZyDQp4LW1vemlsbGEtaHRtbDpGQUxTRQ0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jl by5mcg0KdmVy
c2lvbjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------080000010501090500060701--
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514170 is a reply to message #514129] Fri, 12 February 2010 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "refresh" did allow the src-gen directory to be shown in my edit project in Eclipse. I am not sure that step is in the tutorial. Does the tutorial have any audio? I had re-started Eclipse a couple of times. I would have thought the project would have been refreshed at that time.

I tried to do the "Generate EEF Architecture" step again. I still get no files in my src-gen directory. There is a pop-up window that comes up and goes away so quickly that I can't read it.

The "error log" view does not open, but when I open it myself, it is full of errors. It is so big, I hesitate to cut and paste the error log here. Maybe my install was not correct, but I followed the steps, and I am seeing most of the tutorial stuff work up to this point.

Here are the 1st few lines of the error log:

!SESSION 2010-02-09 13:49:59.885 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_17
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.epp.usagedata.recording 1 0 2010-02-09 13:51:01.581
!MESSAGE Usage data uploaded to http://udc.eclipse.org/upload.php in 2380 milliseconds.
!SESSION 2010-02-10 11:47:20.489 -----------------------------------------------
java.version=1.6.0_17
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 1 2010-02-10 15:06:29.793
!MESSAGE C:\Users\hmiller\workspace_rcp2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclip se.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble. org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:33: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Target "gather.sources" does not exist in the project "Publish p2 metadata".
!STACK 0
C:\Users\hmiller\workspace_rcp2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclip se.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble. org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:33: The following error occurred while executing this line:
at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildExcepti on(ProjectHelper.java:508)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: Target "gather.sources" does not exist in the project "Publish p2 metadata".
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.tsort(Project.java:1850)
... 25 more
--- Nested Exception ---
at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewerHoverManager$4.run(TextView erHoverManager.java:166)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 985 2010-02-10 17:32:30.631
!MESSAGE connect timed out
!STACK 0
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

That is about 1/10 of the lines in the file. Is there something else I can send that will help you help me.

Thanks.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514213 is a reply to message #514170] Fri, 12 February 2010 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend

Herb,

I can't help with the more EF specific stuff, but bunch of issues here, please see below..

Herb Miller wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 12:03
The "refresh" did allow the src-gen directory to be shown in my edit project in Eclipse. I am not sure that step is in the tutorial. Does the tutorial have any audio? I had re-started Eclipse a couple of times. I would have thought the project would have been refreshed at that time.

No you just need to refresh (F5) project and perhaps do a clean compile. There are lot's of docs on this workbench stuff.

Quote:
I tried to do the "Generate EEF Architecture" step again. I still get no files in my src-gen directory. There is a pop-up window that comes up and goes away so quickly that I can't read it.

I think this is caused by a bug I just reported. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=302200 . There is likely something invalid with the components file.

Quote:
The "error log" view does not open, but when I open it myself, it is full of errors. It is so big, I hesitate to cut and paste the error log here. Maybe my install was not correct, but I followed the steps, and I am seeing most of the tutorial stuff work up to this point.

That doesn't have anything to do with the issue you're having. Smile You need to get the last set of errors at the *bottom* of the log.

Also, note that I found some oddities based on the version of Aceleo I was using. I had the most luck with Acceleo (Incubation) 0.9.0.v200909291229 org.eclipse.acceleo.feature.group

In general, please remember that EEF is an Incubation project and as such we can't expect everything to work perfectly OOTB. That's the cost of being at the leading edge. Smile
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514234 is a reply to message #514213] Fri, 12 February 2010 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, thanks - a lot of stuff. Hopefully I can make some progress.

I don't expect everything to be perfect, I was just hoping the tutorial was correct. And, it may well be. I always suspect I am doing something wrong.

I looked at the bug you reported. My model is not very big. It is the actual tutorial model from:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF_tutorial_:_First_generation#EEF_ generation_with_EMF_treeview_editor

Maybe I am running the wrong tutorial.

I did a right-mouse Validate on the components file and eefgen file and the popup said they validated correctly. I deleted the old error log. I refreshed the project.

When I generated, I received an error log stack trace that I will put at the end of this reply.

I checked the dependencies in my edit project, and there are no Acceleo dependencies. I checked the plugins with my Galileo Eclipse, and all of my Acceleo plugins are version 0.8.1.

I would appreciate any more guidance you can give me on this. Here is the error log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen 4 0 2010-02-12 16:43:19.319
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.ja va:421)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(Progress MonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:135)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:75)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginActi on.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:3880)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:22 21)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.common.GenerateAll .doGenerate(GenerateAll.java:116)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction$1.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:102)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.generation.strategy.IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter nal(BundleLoader.java:494)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:398)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loa dClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
... 3 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.common.GenerateAll .doGenerate(GenerateAll.java:116)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction$1.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:102)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.generation.strategy.IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter nal(BundleLoader.java:494)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:398)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loa dClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
... 3 more

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514235 is a reply to message #514234] Fri, 12 February 2010 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ah, this one's easy. So far.. See above, you really want 0.9.0 of Aceleo. It's not a project dependency, it's an EEF runtime dependency. And there is clearly something missing from Acceleo "Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy". I'd just grab the whole thing from the update site below.

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/updates/interim/

**Important** at least for me 0.9.0M2 worked but the newer milestone did not. So grab everything under 0.9.0M2.

hth,

Miles

Herb Miller wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 17:55

----snip----

I checked the dependencies in my edit project, and there are no Acceleo dependencies. I checked the plugins with my Galileo Eclipse, and all of my Acceleo plugins are version 0.8.1.

I would appreciate any more guidance you can give me on this. Here is the error log:

!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(Progress MonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:135)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:75)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
... 3 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
... 3 more

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514243 is a reply to message #514001] Sat, 13 February 2010 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that did it!! I now have lots of java code under my src-gen directory in my edit project, and I have the infamous MyApp_properties.plugin.xml.

Should I have known to download that version of Acceleo? Did I miss something in the installation or in the tutorial?

Thanks, so much. Now I will plod on through the tutorial.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514477 is a reply to message #514001] Mon, 15 February 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Herb, Miles,

I am happy to see you using EEF successfully :)

i have updated a little the EEF installation page on the wiki to help
others with this kind of problems :

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF_Installation_Guide

Cheers,

Herb Miller a écrit :
>
>
>
>
>
> file browser.
>
> edit project.
>
> paste with:
>
> I need some help here.
> Thanks.
>
>

--------------040306010005020908020104--
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514613 is a reply to message #514001] Tue, 16 February 2010 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I made it through the entire tutorial. I attempted to run the editor application, and I get this in the Error log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-02-15 17:26:22.354
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor.My_kmsEditorAdvisorApplication" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication , org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication .
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDe faultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run (MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514681 is a reply to message #514613] Tue, 16 February 2010 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Herb,

It seems the runtime configuration is corrupted.
please verify the runtime launch configuration as follow : ( using
eclipse 3.5 )
- in java perspective, click on run... then run configurations..
- select your runtime configuration ( must be under "Eclipse
application" tree.
- select the "plugins" tab
- verify that all your plugin in the workspace click on validate plugins
are selected ( at least the three for your metamodel )
- click on "validate plugins", to check the dependencies.
if there is no error, you should be able to run that application. if
not, click on "Add required plugins" and run the application.

hope that helps,

Herb Miller a écrit :
> Okay, I made it through the entire tutorial. I attempted to run the
> editor application, and I get this in the Error log:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-02-15 17:26:22.354
> !MESSAGE Application error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Application
> "com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor.My_kmsEditorAdvisorApplication" could not be
> found in the registry. The applications available are:
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication ,
> org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error,
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication .
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDe
> faultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run
> (MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher
> .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS
> tarter.java:368)
> tarter.java:179)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>
> Any ideas on this one?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

--------------010805020006050805040503--
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #514811 is a reply to message #514001] Tue, 16 February 2010 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. That does allow the application to run.

However, I get this message in the Properties section of the window:
Properties are not available.

I went through the tutorial again to make sure the interface was added, and the new method for the interface was also added. The old property page was replaced by the tabbed property page. The rest of the tutorial was correct, too.

The only funny thing I see is when I expand the src tree in my editor project, and I look at the methods of the XXXEditor.java, the getContributorId method shows up with a red font, while all others are blue font. If I go to that method in the Eclipse editor, there are no warnings or errors listed.

I do have the following 2 warnings:
The import org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetPage is never used.
The import org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui.view.ExtendedPropertySheetPage is never used.

Any ideas why the properties are not available?

Thanks.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515000 is a reply to message #514811] Wed, 17 February 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi herb,

Herb Miller a écrit :
> Thanks. That does allow the application to run.
>
> However, I get this message in the Properties section of the window:
> Properties are not available.

You are close to make it work !

>
> I went through the tutorial again to make sure the interface was added,
> and the new method for the interface was also added. The old property
> page was replaced by the tabbed property page. The rest of the tutorial
> was correct, too.

please paste the content of the plugin.xml file you have modified, to
see if there is no errors in.

>
> The only funny thing I see is when I expand the src tree in my editor
> project, and I look at the methods of the XXXEditor.java, the
> getContributorId method shows up with a red font, while all others are
> blue font. If I go to that method in the Eclipse editor, there are no
> warnings or errors listed.
>
> I do have the following 2 warnings:
> The import org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetPage is never used.
> The import org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui.view.ExtendedPropertySheetPage is
> never used.

you can safely ignore these warnings.

>
> Any ideas why the properties are not available?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515127 is a reply to message #515000] Wed, 17 February 2010 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did find some plugin errors. My src-gen files were not getting built. I had to add the src-gen folder as a source folder. I thought I already did that.

I had some problems with adding src-gen as a source folder. The GUI told me it could not nest that folder. I found it listed in the build path as a library. When I removed it I was able to add src-gen as a source folder.

This allowed the src-gen java files a chance to compile. I had to add about 3 imports in most of the files in order to get the src-gen java files to compile.

When I ran, I received the same error in the properties (lower-right) window of the application:

However, this time I also received a message in the Console window:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-17 13:09:12.658
!MESSAGE Contributor org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties cannot be created.

Apparently, I have this line of code wrong in the java file for my editor:
public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR = "org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties";

I tried changing this line to many different values, but I could not get it to work.

I looked at all files in my workspace that end with .properties. Here is a list:
./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.cache/clean-cache .properties
./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/emfrcp1.product/de v.properties
./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/EMF_RCP1/dev.prope rties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1/build.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1/plugin.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/bin/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/my_k ms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/bin/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/my_k ms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/build.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/plugin.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/src-gen/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/ my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/src-gen/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/ my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/build.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/plugin.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/build.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/plugin.properties

Should I be using one of these files or something else for PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR?

Thanks.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515248 is a reply to message #515127] Thu, 18 February 2010 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herb Miller a écrit :
> I did find some plugin errors. My src-gen files were not getting
> built. I had to add the src-gen folder as a source folder. I thought I
> already did that.
>
> I had some problems with adding src-gen as a source folder. The GUI
> told me it could not nest that folder. I found it listed in the build
> path as a library. When I removed it I was able to add src-gen as a
> source folder.
>
> This allowed the src-gen java files a chance to compile. I had to add
> about 3 imports in most of the files in order to get the src-gen java
> files to compile.

ok, a this point, you should try to do a complete regeneration. delete
everything under the src-gen folder and regenerate with EEF.
fter the generation process, EEF will cleanup the code and add
automatically the missing imports.

>
> When I ran, I received the same error in the properties (lower-right)
> window of the application:
>
> However, this time I also received a message in the Console window:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-17 13:09:12.658
> !MESSAGE Contributor org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties cannot be
> created.
>
> Apparently, I have this line of code wrong in the java file for my editor:
> public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR =
> "org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties";
>
> I tried changing this line to many different values, but I could not get
> it to work.
>
> I looked at all files in my workspace that end with .properties. Here
> is a list:
> ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.cache/clean-cache .properties
> ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/emfrcp1.product/de v.properties
> ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/EMF_RCP1/dev.prope rties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1/plugin.properties
> ./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/bin/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/my_k
> ms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
> ms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/plugin.properties
> ./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/src-gen/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/
> my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
> my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/plugin.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/plugin.properties
>
> Should I be using one of these files or something else for
> PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

you may have done something wrong in the last part of the tutorial :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF_tutorial_:_First_generation#EMF_ treeview_editor_modification

the PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR constant is used by the tabbed properties
views. this ID must be the same between the editor class and the
extension point in the plugin.xml. you should have something similar in
your plugin.xml file :

<extension

point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyContributor ">
<propertyContributor
contributorId="org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties">

<snip>

<extension
point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyTabs" >
<propertyTabs
<propertyTab
label="Base"
category="default"
id="Base">
</propertyTab>
</propertyTabs>
</extension>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertySections ">
<propertySections

<snip>

and in your editor class keep the constant definition :

public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR =
"org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties";

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515428 is a reply to message #514001] Thu, 18 February 2010 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I deleted everything under the src-gen directory. I regenerated the EEF architecture, and the files under src-gen were created again. There were lots of java warnings, but no errors.

I refreshed the project and cleaned all projects, but I received the same error: Properties are not available.

When the app 1st runs, the Properties window does have a couple of labels saying: "Property" and "Value". In other words, it looks like the default properties section. As soon as I open a file I get the message: Properties are not available.

I put some debug print statements in my getContributorId method, and it is getting called 4 times.

The 1st time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR = "org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties";

I received this error in the console window:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-18 10:56:12.414

The 2nd time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR = "com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties";

I did not receive an error message in the console window the 2nd time, but I still received the "Properties are not available" message in the properties section of the application.

Here is the my_kms_properties.plugin.xml file that was generated by EEF:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.0"?>

<plugin>

<!-- EEF extensions -->
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionProvider ">
<PropertiesEditionComponentProvider
providerClass=" com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsPackageP ropertiesEditionProvider ">
</PropertiesEditionComponentProvider>
</extension>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
<PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider
providerClass=" com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsPackageP ropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
</PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider>
</extension>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPartProvider ">
<PropertiesEditionPartProvider
providerClass=" com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsProperti esEditionPartProvider ">
</PropertiesEditionPartProvider>
</extension>

<!-- Tabbed properties views extension -->
<extension
<propertyContributor
contributorId="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties ">
<propertyCategory
category="default">
</propertyCategory>
<propertyCategory
category="extended">
</propertyCategory>
<propertyCategory
category="advanced">
</propertyCategory>
</propertyContributor>
</extension>
<extension
<propertyTabs
<propertyTab
label="Base"
category="default"
id="Base">
</propertyTab>
</propertyTabs>
</extension>
<extension
<propertySections
<propertySection
class=" org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.ui.properties.sections.Propertie sEditionSection "
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Item"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Item">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
class=" org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.ui.properties.sections.Propertie sEditionSection "
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Decision"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Decision">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Observation "
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Observation">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Action"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Action">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Issue"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Issue">
</input>
</propertySection>
</propertySections>
</extension>
</plugin>

==============================================

I don't know what else to do. I could send you my editor java file, but it is 1,700 lines long. I am kind of new to this forum, and I am not sure how to attach files.

Thanks.

Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515552 is a reply to message #515428] Fri, 19 February 2010 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herb,

comments below :

Herb Miller a écrit :
> I deleted everything under the src-gen directory. I regenerated the EEF
> architecture, and the files under src-gen were created again. There
> were lots of java warnings, but no errors.

so far, good point :)

>
> I refreshed the project and cleaned all projects, but I received the
> same error: Properties are not available.

does it happen on each leaf of your models ? the root does not contain
any properties, you must create a least a children to view properties.

>
> When the app 1st runs, the Properties window does have a couple of
> labels saying: "Property" and "Value". In other words, it looks like
> the default properties section. As soon as I open a file I get the
> message: Properties are not available.

that is the expected behavior. ( replace the old table view by new shiny
one )

>
> I put some debug print statements in my getContributorId method, and it
> is getting called 4 times.
>
> The 1st time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
>
> I received this error in the console window:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-18 10:56:12.414
> created.
>
> The 2nd time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
> "com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties";
>
> I did not receive an error message in the console window the 2nd time,
> but I still received the "Properties are not available" message in the
> properties section of the application.

the constant to use is the second one :
"com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties", so here again
everything looks good using this one.

try to create an "item" or "observation" element in your model to see if
there is "Properties are not available" message again.

>
> Here is the my_kms_properties.plugin.xml file that was generated by EEF:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <?eclipse version="3.0"?>
>
> <plugin>
>
> <!-- EEF extensions -->
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionProvider ">
> <PropertiesEditionComponentProvider
> providerClass="
> com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsPackageP
> ropertiesEditionProvider ">
> </PropertiesEditionComponentProvider>
> </extension>
> <extension
>
> point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
> <PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider
> providerClass="
> ropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
> </PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider>
> </extension>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPartProvider ">
> <PropertiesEditionPartProvider
> providerClass="
> com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsProperti
> esEditionPartProvider ">
> </PropertiesEditionPartProvider>
> </extension>
>
> <!-- Tabbed properties views extension -->
> <extension
>
> point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyContributor ">
> <propertyContributor
> contributorId="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties ">
> <propertyCategory
> category="default">
> </propertyCategory>
> <propertyCategory
> category="extended">
> </propertyCategory>
> <propertyCategory
> category="advanced">
> </propertyCategory>
> </propertyContributor>
> </extension>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyTabs" >
> <propertyTabs
> <propertyTab
> label="Base"
> category="default"
> id="Base">
> </propertyTab>
> </propertyTabs>
> </extension>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertySections ">
> <propertySections
> <propertySection
> class="
> org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.ui.properties.sections.Propertie
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Item"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Item">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Decision"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Decision">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Observation "
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Observation">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Action"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Action">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Issue"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Issue">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> </propertySections>
> </extension>
> </plugin>
>
> ==============================================
>
> I don't know what else to do. I could send you my editor java file, but
> it is 1,700 lines long. I am kind of new to this forum, and I am not
> sure how to attach files.

can you send me directly your projects to
stephane(dot)bouchet(at)obeo(dot)fr ?

>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
>

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515684 is a reply to message #515552] Fri, 19 February 2010 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank You!!!

Finally, I am on the right track. I had no idea I had to open up the tree. As soon as I opened the tree, I had an error, but I was able to fix it.

My edit project was exporting ...producer, but it also needed to export ...producers (both of them). The names were so similar, I missed it the first time.

Now it works great!

When I double-click on a node on the tree, I get a separate pop-up dialog. How can I add scroll bars to that pop-up dialog?

It is interesting that double-clicking on an entry in the list in the properties window also opens up the same pop-up dialog. Is all of that just from the following line:
selectionViewer.addDoubleClickListener(new OpenWizardOnDoubleClick(editingDomain));

Thanks for the help.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #515943 is a reply to message #515684] Mon, 22 February 2010 09:58 Go to previous message
Hi Harb,

Herb Miller a écrit :
> Thank You!!!
>
> Finally, I am on the right track. I had no idea I had to open up the
> tree. As soon as I opened the tree, I had an error, but I was able to
> fix it.
>
> My edit project was exporting ...producer, but it also needed to export
> ...producers (both of them). The names were so similar, I missed it the
> first time.
>
> Now it works great!

great !

>
> When I double-click on a node on the tree, I get a separate pop-up
> dialog. How can I add scroll bars to that pop-up dialog?

this is already a request :
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=302688

>
> It is interesting that double-clicking on an entry in the list in the
> properties window also opens up the same pop-up dialog. Is all of that
> just from the following line:
> selectionViewer.addDoubleClickListener(new
> OpenWizardOnDoubleClick(editingDomain));
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622128 is a reply to message #514001] Fri, 12 February 2010 13:52 Go to previous message

Herb,

comments below

Herb Miller a écrit :
>
>
>
>
>
> file browser.

hummm, it is weird. did you refresh your project to be accurate ? (
right-click then refresh on the edit project )
you must have a source folder named src-gen in the edit project.
then, be sure that the generation directory is properly set :
open the eefgen model, select the "model" element and verify that the
"generation directory" property is set to /your-edit-project-name/src-gen

check also the error view, to be sure there is no generation issues.

again, have a look to the live demo :
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/videos/emf-library- in-5-mn.htm

>
> edit project.
>
> paste with:
>
> I need some help here.
> Thanks.
>
>

--------------080000010501090500060701--
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622129 is a reply to message #514129] Fri, 12 February 2010 17:03 Go to previous message

Here are the 1st few lines of the error log:

!SESSION 2010-02-09 13:49:59.885 -----------------------------------------------
java.version=1.6.0_17

!ENTRY org.eclipse.epp.usagedata.recording 1 0 2010-02-09 13:51:01.581
!MESSAGE Usage data uploaded to http://udc.eclipse.org/upload.php in 2380 milliseconds.
!SESSION 2010-02-10 11:47:20.489 -----------------------------------------------
java.version=1.6.0_17

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 1 2010-02-10 15:06:29.793
!MESSAGE C:\Users\hmiller\workspace_rcp2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclip se.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble. org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:33: The following error occurred while executing this line:
!STACK 0
C:\Users\hmiller\workspace_rcp2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclip se.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble. org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:33: The following error occurred while executing this line:
at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildExcepti on(ProjectHelper.java:508)
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622130 is a reply to message #622129] Fri, 12 February 2010 20:53 Go to previous message
Herb,

I can't help with the more EF specific stuff, but bunch of issues here, please see below..

Herb Miller wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 12:03
> The "refresh" did allow the src-gen directory to be shown in my edit project in Eclipse. I am not sure that step is in the tutorial. Does the tutorial have any audio? I had re-started Eclipse a couple of times. I would have thought the project would have been refreshed at that time.

No you just need to refresh (F5) project and perhaps do a clean compile. There are lot's of docs on this workbench stuff.

Quote:
> I tried to do the "Generate EEF Architecture" step again. I still get no files in my src-gen directory. There is a pop-up window that comes up and goes away so quickly that I can't read it.

I think this is caused by a bug I just reported. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=302200 . There is likely something invalid with the components file.

Quote:
> The "error log" view does not open, but when I open it myself, it is full of errors. It is so big, I hesitate to cut and paste the error log here. Maybe my install was not correct, but I followed the steps, and I am seeing most of the tutorial stuff work up to this point.

That doesn't have anything to do with the issue you're having. :) You need to get the last set of errors at the *bottom* of the log.

Also, note that I found some oddities based on the version of Aceleo I was using. I had the most luck with Acceleo (Incubation) 0.9.0.v200909291229 org.eclipse.acceleo.feature.group

In general, please remember that EEF is an Incubation project and as such we can't expect everything to work perfectly OOTB. That's the cost of being at the leading edge. :)
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622133 is a reply to message #622130] Fri, 12 February 2010 22:55 Go to previous message

I don't expect everything to be perfect, I was just hoping the tutorial was correct. And, it may well be. I always suspect I am doing something wrong.

I looked at the bug you reported. My model is not very big. It is the actual tutorial model from:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF_tutorial_:_First_generation#EEF_ generation_with_EMF_treeview_editor

Maybe I am running the wrong tutorial.

I did a right-mouse Validate on the components file and eefgen file and the popup said they validated correctly. I deleted the old error log. I refreshed the project.

When I generated, I received an error log stack trace that I will put at the end of this reply.

!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
... 3 more
Root exception:
... 3 more
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622134 is a reply to message #622133] Fri, 12 February 2010 23:02 Go to previous message
Ah, this one's easy. So far.. See above, you really want 0.9.0 of Aceleo. It's not a project dependency, it's an EEF runtime dependency. And there is clearly something missing from Acceleo "Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy". I'd just grab the whole thing from the update site below.

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/updates/interim/

**Important** at least for me 0.9.0M2 worked but the newer milestone did not. So grab everything under 0.9.0M2.

hth,

Miles

Herb Miller wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 17:55
> Okay, thanks - a lot of stuff. Hopefully I can make some progress.
>
> ----snip----
>
> I checked the dependencies in my edit project, and there are no Acceleo dependencies. I checked the plugins with my Galileo Eclipse, and all of my Acceleo plugins are version 0.8.1.
>
> I would appreciate any more guidance you can give me on this. Here is the error log:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen 4 0 2010-02-12 16:43:19.319
> !MESSAGE
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.ja va:421)
> at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(Progress MonitorDialog.java:507)
> at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:135)
> at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginActi on.java:251)
> at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
> at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:501)
> at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:3880)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3473)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2405)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:22 21)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
> at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:493)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
> at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.common.GenerateAll .doGenerate(GenerateAll.java:116)
> at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction$1.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:102)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.generation.strategy.IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter nal(BundleLoader.java:494)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:410)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:398)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loa dClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> ... 3 more
> Root exception:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/acceleo/engine/generation/strategy/IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
> at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.common.GenerateAll .doGenerate(GenerateAll.java:116)
> at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.generators.actions.AbstractGe nerateEEFAction$1.run(AbstractGenerateEEFAction.java:102)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.generation.strategy.IAcceleoGener ationStrategy
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter nal(BundleLoader.java:494)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:410)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:398)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loa dClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> ... 3 more
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622135 is a reply to message #514001] Sat, 13 February 2010 00:01 Go to previous message
Yes, that did it!! I now have lots of java code under my src-gen directory in my edit project, and I have the infamous MyApp_properties.plugin.xml.

Should I have known to download that version of Acceleo? Did I miss something in the installation or in the tutorial?

Thanks, so much. Now I will plod on through the tutorial.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622143 is a reply to message #514001] Mon, 15 February 2010 13:56 Go to previous message

Herb, Miles,

I am happy to see you using EEF successfully :)

i have updated a little the EEF installation page on the wiki to help
others with this kind of problems :

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF_Installation_Guide

Cheers,

Herb Miller a écrit :
>
>
>
>
>
> file browser.
>
> edit project.
>
> paste with:
>
> I need some help here.
> Thanks.
>
>

--------------040306010005020908020104--
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622148 is a reply to message #514001] Tue, 16 February 2010 00:34 Go to previous message
Okay, I made it through the entire tutorial. I attempted to run the editor application, and I get this in the Error log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-02-15 17:26:22.354
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor.My_kmsEditorAdvisorApplication" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication , org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication .
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDe faultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run (MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622157 is a reply to message #622148] Tue, 16 February 2010 10:29 Go to previous message

Hi Herb,

It seems the runtime configuration is corrupted.
please verify the runtime launch configuration as follow : ( using
eclipse 3.5 )
- in java perspective, click on run... then run configurations..
- select your runtime configuration ( must be under "Eclipse
application" tree.
- select the "plugins" tab
- verify that all your plugin in the workspace click on validate plugins
are selected ( at least the three for your metamodel )
- click on "validate plugins", to check the dependencies.
if there is no error, you should be able to run that application. if
not, click on "Add required plugins" and run the application.

hope that helps,

Herb Miller a écrit :
> Okay, I made it through the entire tutorial. I attempted to run the
> editor application, and I get this in the Error log:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-02-15 17:26:22.354
> !MESSAGE Application error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Application
> "com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor.My_kmsEditorAdvisorApplication" could not be
> found in the registry. The applications available are:
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication ,
> org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error,
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication .
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDe
> faultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run
> (MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
> .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> tarter.java:368)
> tarter.java:179)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>
> Any ideas on this one?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

--------------010805020006050805040503--
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622163 is a reply to message #514001] Tue, 16 February 2010 17:24 Go to previous message
Thanks. That does allow the application to run.

However, I get this message in the Properties section of the window:

I went through the tutorial again to make sure the interface was added, and the new method for the interface was also added. The old property page was replaced by the tabbed property page. The rest of the tutorial was correct, too.

The only funny thing I see is when I expand the src tree in my editor project, and I look at the methods of the XXXEditor.java, the getContributorId method shows up with a red font, while all others are blue font. If I go to that method in the Eclipse editor, there are no warnings or errors listed.

I do have the following 2 warnings:
The import org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetPage is never used.
The import org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui.view.ExtendedPropertySheetPage is never used.

Any ideas why the properties are not available?

Thanks.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622169 is a reply to message #622163] Wed, 17 February 2010 13:14 Go to previous message
hi herb,

Herb Miller a écrit :
> Thanks. That does allow the application to run.
>
> However, I get this message in the Properties section of the window:

You are close to make it work !

>
> I went through the tutorial again to make sure the interface was added,
> and the new method for the interface was also added. The old property
> page was replaced by the tabbed property page. The rest of the tutorial
> was correct, too.

please paste the content of the plugin.xml file you have modified, to
see if there is no errors in.

>
> The only funny thing I see is when I expand the src tree in my editor
> project, and I look at the methods of the XXXEditor.java, the
> getContributorId method shows up with a red font, while all others are
> blue font. If I go to that method in the Eclipse editor, there are no
> warnings or errors listed.
>
> I do have the following 2 warnings:
> The import org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheetPage is never used.
> The import org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui.view.ExtendedPropertySheetPage is
> never used.

you can safely ignore these warnings.

>
> Any ideas why the properties are not available?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622172 is a reply to message #515000] Wed, 17 February 2010 19:40 Go to previous message
I did find some plugin errors. My src-gen files were not getting built. I had to add the src-gen folder as a source folder. I thought I already did that.

I had some problems with adding src-gen as a source folder. The GUI told me it could not nest that folder. I found it listed in the build path as a library. When I removed it I was able to add src-gen as a source folder.

This allowed the src-gen java files a chance to compile. I had to add about 3 imports in most of the files in order to get the src-gen java files to compile.

When I ran, I received the same error in the properties (lower-right) window of the application:

However, this time I also received a message in the Console window:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-17 13:09:12.658

Apparently, I have this line of code wrong in the java file for my editor:

I tried changing this line to many different values, but I could not get it to work.

I looked at all files in my workspace that end with .properties. Here is a list:
./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.cache/clean-cache .properties
./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/emfrcp1.product/de v.properties
./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/EMF_RCP1/dev.prope rties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1/build.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1/plugin.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/bin/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/my_k ms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/bin/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/my_k ms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/build.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/plugin.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/src-gen/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/ my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
./com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/src-gen/com/cfi/emfrcp1/My_kms/model/ my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/build.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/plugin.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/build.properties
/com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/plugin.properties

Should I be using one of these files or something else for PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR?

Thanks.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622175 is a reply to message #622172] Thu, 18 February 2010 09:35 Go to previous message
Herb Miller a écrit :
> I did find some plugin errors. My src-gen files were not getting
> built. I had to add the src-gen folder as a source folder. I thought I
> already did that.
>
> I had some problems with adding src-gen as a source folder. The GUI
> told me it could not nest that folder. I found it listed in the build
> path as a library. When I removed it I was able to add src-gen as a
> source folder.
>
> This allowed the src-gen java files a chance to compile. I had to add
> about 3 imports in most of the files in order to get the src-gen java
> files to compile.

ok, a this point, you should try to do a complete regeneration. delete
everything under the src-gen folder and regenerate with EEF.
fter the generation process, EEF will cleanup the code and add
automatically the missing imports.

>
> When I ran, I received the same error in the properties (lower-right)
> window of the application:
>
> However, this time I also received a message in the Console window:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-17 13:09:12.658
> created.
>
> Apparently, I have this line of code wrong in the java file for my editor:
>
> I tried changing this line to many different values, but I could not get
> it to work.
>
> I looked at all files in my workspace that end with .properties. Here
> is a list:
> ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.cache/clean-cache .properties
> ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/emfrcp1.product/de v.properties
> ./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/EMF_RCP1/dev.prope rties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1/plugin.properties
> ms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
> ms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.edit/plugin.properties
> my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages.properties
> my_kms/providers/my_kmsMessages_fr.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.editor/plugin.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/build.properties
> /com.cfi.emfrcp1.tests/plugin.properties
>
> Should I be using one of these files or something else for
> PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

you may have done something wrong in the last part of the tutorial :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF_tutorial_:_First_generation#EMF_ treeview_editor_modification

the PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR constant is used by the tabbed properties
views. this ID must be the same between the editor class and the
extension point in the plugin.xml. you should have something similar in
your plugin.xml file :

<extension

<propertyContributor

<snip>

<extension
<propertyTabs
<propertyTab
label="Base"
category="default"
id="Base">
</propertyTab>
</propertyTabs>
</extension>
<extension
<propertySections

<snip>

and in your editor class keep the constant definition :

public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR =
"org.eclipse.emf.eef.my_kms.properties";

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622179 is a reply to message #514001] Thu, 18 February 2010 18:16 Go to previous message
I deleted everything under the src-gen directory. I regenerated the EEF architecture, and the files under src-gen were created again. There were lots of java warnings, but no errors.

I refreshed the project and cleaned all projects, but I received the same error: Properties are not available.

When the app 1st runs, the Properties window does have a couple of labels saying: "Property" and "Value". In other words, it looks like the default properties section. As soon as I open a file I get the message: Properties are not available.

I put some debug print statements in my getContributorId method, and it is getting called 4 times.

The 1st time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:

I received this error in the console window:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-18 10:56:12.414

The 2nd time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
public static final String PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR = "com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties";

I did not receive an error message in the console window the 2nd time, but I still received the "Properties are not available" message in the properties section of the application.

Here is the my_kms_properties.plugin.xml file that was generated by EEF:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.0"?>

<plugin>

<!-- EEF extensions -->
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionProvider ">
<PropertiesEditionComponentProvider
providerClass=" com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsPackageP ropertiesEditionProvider ">
</PropertiesEditionComponentProvider>
</extension>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
<PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider
providerClass=" com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsPackageP ropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
</PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider>
</extension>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPartProvider ">
<PropertiesEditionPartProvider
providerClass=" com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsProperti esEditionPartProvider ">
</PropertiesEditionPartProvider>
</extension>

<!-- Tabbed properties views extension -->
<extension
<propertyContributor
<propertyCategory
category="default">
</propertyCategory>
<propertyCategory
category="extended">
</propertyCategory>
<propertyCategory
category="advanced">
</propertyCategory>
</propertyContributor>
</extension>
<extension
<propertyTabs
<propertyTab
label="Base"
category="default"
id="Base">
</propertyTab>
</propertyTabs>
</extension>
<extension
<propertySections
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Item"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Item">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Decision"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Decision">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Observation "
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Observation">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Action"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Action">
</input>
</propertySection>
<propertySection
id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Issue"
tab="Base">
<input
type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Issue">
</input>
</propertySection>
</propertySections>
</extension>
</plugin>

==============================================

I don't know what else to do. I could send you my editor java file, but it is 1,700 lines long. I am kind of new to this forum, and I am not sure how to attach files.

Thanks.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622181 is a reply to message #622179] Fri, 19 February 2010 10:51 Go to previous message
Herb,

comments below :

Herb Miller a écrit :
> I deleted everything under the src-gen directory. I regenerated the EEF
> architecture, and the files under src-gen were created again. There
> were lots of java warnings, but no errors.

so far, good point :)

>
> I refreshed the project and cleaned all projects, but I received the
> same error: Properties are not available.

does it happen on each leaf of your models ? the root does not contain
any properties, you must create a least a children to view properties.

>
> When the app 1st runs, the Properties window does have a couple of
> labels saying: "Property" and "Value". In other words, it looks like
> the default properties section. As soon as I open a file I get the
> message: Properties are not available.

that is the expected behavior. ( replace the old table view by new shiny
one )

>
> I put some debug print statements in my getContributorId method, and it
> is getting called 4 times.
>
> The 1st time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
>
> I received this error in the console window:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2010-02-18 10:56:12.414
> created.
>
> The 2nd time I ran the app, this was my PROPERTIES_CONTRIBUTOR:
> "com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties";
>
> I did not receive an error message in the console window the 2nd time,
> but I still received the "Properties are not available" message in the
> properties section of the application.

the constant to use is the second one :
"com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.properties", so here again
everything looks good using this one.

try to create an "item" or "observation" element in your model to see if
there is "Properties are not available" message again.

>
> Here is the my_kms_properties.plugin.xml file that was generated by EEF:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <?eclipse version="3.0"?>
>
> <plugin>
>
> <!-- EEF extensions -->
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionProvider ">
> <PropertiesEditionComponentProvider
> providerClass="
> ropertiesEditionProvider ">
> </PropertiesEditionComponentProvider>
> </extension>
> <extension
>
> point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
> <PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider
> providerClass="
> ropertiesEditionPolicyProvider ">
> </PropertiesEditionPolicyProvider>
> </extension>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.PropertiesEditionPartProvider ">
> <PropertiesEditionPartProvider
> providerClass="
> com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.providers.My_kmsProperti
> esEditionPartProvider ">
> </PropertiesEditionPartProvider>
> </extension>
>
> <!-- Tabbed properties views extension -->
> <extension
>
> point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyContributor ">
> <propertyContributor
> <propertyCategory
> category="default">
> </propertyCategory>
> <propertyCategory
> category="extended">
> </propertyCategory>
> <propertyCategory
> category="advanced">
> </propertyCategory>
> </propertyContributor>
> </extension>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyTabs" >
> <propertyTabs
> <propertyTab
> label="Base"
> category="default"
> id="Base">
> </propertyTab>
> </propertyTabs>
> </extension>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertySections ">
> <propertySections
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Item"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Item">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Decision"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Decision">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Observation "
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Observation">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Action"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Action">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> <propertySection
> class="
> sEditionSection "
> id="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.section.Issue"
> tab="Base">
> <input
> type="com.cfi.emfrcp1.My_kms.model.my_kms.Issue">
> </input>
> </propertySection>
> </propertySections>
> </extension>
> </plugin>
>
> ==============================================
>
> I don't know what else to do. I could send you my editor java file, but
> it is 1,700 lines long. I am kind of new to this forum, and I am not
> sure how to attach files.

can you send me directly your projects to
stephane(dot)bouchet(at)obeo(dot)fr ?

>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
>

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622182 is a reply to message #622181] Fri, 19 February 2010 18:42 Go to previous message
Thank You!!!

Finally, I am on the right track. I had no idea I had to open up the tree. As soon as I opened the tree, I had an error, but I was able to fix it.

My edit project was exporting ...producer, but it also needed to export ...producers (both of them). The names were so similar, I missed it the first time.

Now it works great!

When I double-click on a node on the tree, I get a separate pop-up dialog. How can I add scroll bars to that pop-up dialog?

It is interesting that double-clicking on an entry in the list in the properties window also opens up the same pop-up dialog. Is all of that just from the following line:
selectionViewer.addDoubleClickListener(new OpenWizardOnDoubleClick(editingDomain));

Thanks for the help.
Re: [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622183 is a reply to message #622182] Mon, 22 February 2010 09:58 Go to previous message
Hi Harb,

Herb Miller a écrit :
> Thank You!!!
>
> Finally, I am on the right track. I had no idea I had to open up the
> tree. As soon as I opened the tree, I had an error, but I was able to
> fix it.
>
> My edit project was exporting ...producer, but it also needed to export
> ...producers (both of them). The names were so similar, I missed it the
> first time.
>
> Now it works great!

great !

>
> When I double-click on a node on the tree, I get a separate pop-up
> dialog. How can I add scroll bars to that pop-up dialog?

this is already a request :
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=302688

>
> It is interesting that double-clicking on an entry in the list in the
> properties window also opens up the same pop-up dialog. Is all of that
> just from the following line:
> selectionViewer.addDoubleClickListener(new
> OpenWizardOnDoubleClick(editingDomain));
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

--