Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » how to install my RCP app as a bundle in equinox?
how to install my RCP app as a bundle in equinox? [message #512328] Thu, 04 February 2010 16:55 Go to next message
Maciej Zywno is currently offline Maciej ZywnoFriend
Hi,

I developed an rcp application under eclipse and it works fine. I can export it as a product using myapp.product and run it as well.

Now I'd like to deploy and run this rcp app by means of a standalone osgi container. I used my plugin.xml to exporte the rcp project by means of eclipse export feature ("Deployable plugins and fragments"). Then I installed that built plugin(a directory) into equinox and tried to start the bundle. It required org.eclipse.core.runtime so I installed it as well, I followed that path until all required bundles were installed (e.g. org.eclipse.equinox.common, org.eclipse.core.jobs, org.eclipse.jface.databinding and a few others).

So I got to the point were I could start my bundle. However I get "No application id has been found" error. Could you help with that? I guess I need more stuff deployed into container but what's the procedure? Can an RCP app be started that way?

Thanks,
Maciej

!SESSION 2010-02-04 17:41:11.344 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_17
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -console

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-02-04 17:41:12.829
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDe faultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run (MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:367)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.main(Eclipse Starter.java:150)
Re: how to install my RCP app as a bundle in equinox? [message #512996 is a reply to message #512328] Mon, 08 February 2010 14:26 Go to previous message
Roland Germ is currently offline Roland GermFriend
Yes it should be possible.

Maybe you have a look here (there's explanation how to start the osgi container and your bundles) :
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/documents/quickstart.php

If you want to run a product you need to pass the product ID . You'll find the documentation of the launcher and it's runtime options in the Eclipse help - I added the link for Galileo (as far as I know you have to pass the option eclipse.product either by the command line or put it into a config.ini) :
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse .platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/index.html

Previous Topic:[P2] Embedded JRE Deletion Issue
Next Topic:Declarative Services (DS) do not work as expected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:18:44 GMT 2024