Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Install Birt from an local update site
Install Birt from an local update site [message #512316] Thu, 04 February 2010 16:31 Go to next message
Jan Helbig is currently offline Jan HelbigFriend
We are responsible to prepare birt for some developers in our company.

We want to install birt as an eclipse plugin into an existing eclipse installation. Unfortunately we have proxy settings with an automatic configuration url. Eclipse update manager can not handle this.

We don't want to copy the plugin files manually in the existing eclipse installation.

I tried to create an local update site for birt plugin, but in the feature.xml files there is link to the birt update site on update server (which we can not reach inside eclipse).

What can we do otherwise? Can you help me?
Re: Install Birt from an local update site [message #512371 is a reply to message #512316] Thu, 04 February 2010 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Schafer is currently offline Steve SchaferFriend
I have an update site for BIRT 2.2.1.1 which I made myself and just to see what would happen I tried updating it with the internet disconnected. It didn't have any problems.

Which version are you trying to update? I'll try it here with the internet unplugged and see what happens.

Re: Install Birt from an local update site [message #513164 is a reply to message #512371] Tue, 09 February 2010 07:32 Go to previous message
Jan Helbig is currently offline Jan HelbigFriend
i try to install birt 2.1.3 with local update site, but i don't think it is dependend on birt version.
how have you build your update site? have you edited each of the feature.xml files?
Previous Topic:[SLOVED]How to dynamic add data to dataset by java? (without script)
Next Topic:RCP Integration with Java Classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:35:42 GMT 2024