Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Deployed product tries to access the Buildservers directory
Deployed product tries to access the Buildservers directory [message #511313] Mon, 01 February 2010 08:53 Go to next message
Alain  is currently offline Alain Friend
Hi,

I have built and delivered a eclipse product containing self made
features and plugins. On the customers side I try to install a
additional (third party from Galileo) feature into the installed product.

Why does the p2 installer then try to access a directory of the buildserver?

Any ideas?
Regards, Alain.

reBuild/buckminster.output/ch.ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4 .2.0-eclipse.feature/XpertIvyDesigner.
Failed to create directory
e:\buildresult\XIVYDesigner42PreBuild\buckminster.output\ch. ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature\XpertIvyD esigner\plugins.
Unable to write to repository:
file:/e:/buildresult/XIVYDesigner42PreBuild/buckminster.outp ut/ch.ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature/Xpe rtIvyDesigner.
e:\buildresult\XIVYDesigner42PreBuild\buckminster.output\ch. ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature\XpertIvyD esigner\plugins.
file:/e:/buildresult/XIVYDesigner42PreBuild/buckminster.outp ut/ch.ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature/Xpe rtIvyDesigner.
e:\buildresult\XIVYDesigner42PreBuild\buckminster.output\ch. ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature\XpertIvyD esigner\features\org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.feature_1.1.2.v2009081 01420-77-FGCCcNBC-BhLcE_Pm.
Re: Deployed product tries to access the Buildservers directory [message #511463 is a reply to message #511313] Mon, 01 February 2010 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Alain,
I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. I think you and John Lingreen is punished by the same problem. The installation
is not really moveable under certain circumstances. I explain what I think happens here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=273821#c3

I'll see what I can do about that.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

On 02/01/2010 09:53 AM, Alain Helfenstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built and delivered a eclipse product containing self made
> features and plugins. On the customers side I try to install a
> additional (third party from Galileo) feature into the installed product.
>
> Why does the p2 installer then try to access a directory of the
> buildserver?
>
> Any ideas?
> Regards, Alain.
>
> reBuild/buckminster.output/ch.ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4 .2.0-eclipse.feature/XpertIvyDesigner.
>
> Failed to create directory
> e:\buildresult\XIVYDesigner42PreBuild\buckminster.output\ch. ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature\XpertIvyD esigner\plugins.
>
> Unable to write to repository:
> file:/e:/buildresult/XIVYDesigner42PreBuild/buckminster.outp ut/ch.ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature/Xpe rtIvyDesigner.
>
> e:\buildresult\XIVYDesigner42PreBuild\buckminster.output\ch. ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature\XpertIvyD esigner\plugins.
>
> file:/e:/buildresult/XIVYDesigner42PreBuild/buckminster.outp ut/ch.ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature/Xpe rtIvyDesigner.
>
>
>
> e:\buildresult\XIVYDesigner42PreBuild\buckminster.output\ch. ivyteam.ivy.designer.feature_4.2.0-eclipse.feature\XpertIvyD esigner\features\org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.feature_1.1.2.v2009081 01420-77-FGCCcNBC-BhLcE_Pm.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: Deployed product tries to access the Buildservers directory [message #547770 is a reply to message #511313] Mon, 19 July 2010 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Murygin is currently offline Daniel MuryginFriend
Do you know a work around for this problem now?

Same error occurs while updating my RCP-3.5 based application.
Re: Deployed product tries to access the Buildservers directory [message #547780 is a reply to message #547770] Mon, 19 July 2010 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Am 19.07.2010 17:05, schrieb Daniel Murygin:
> Do you know a work around for this problem now?
> Same error occurs while updating my RCP-3.5 based application.

Hi Daniel,

I might be mistaken here, but:
Did you specify the '-roaming' parameter in the ant script that calls
the director? If not, then the product is intentionally not 'movable' to
my understanding.

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: Deployed product tries to access the Buildservers directory [message #547782 is a reply to message #547770] Mon, 19 July 2010 15:21 Go to previous message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Also see the discussion here if '-roaming' should be added to the
mailapp tutorial:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313107

Best regards,
Johannes
Previous Topic:Nested Categories in build.properties
Next Topic:Latest Buckminster "externals"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:27:49 GMT 2024