Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » GanttChart Questions
GanttChart Questions [message #510006] Tue, 26 January 2010 02:22
Markus Schindler is currently offline Markus SchindlerFriend
Hi,

I have a few question about the Nebula GanttChart widgets. So may you can help me?

1. Is there a way the be informed by a listener if the visible timerange have changed?
I would like to have something like:
public void timerangeChanged(GanttChart chart, Calendar from, Calendar to);

The timerange could be changed by many things, like Zooming, moving, jumping,...
So currently i didn't find any point, to fetch all this "timerangeChanged" events.
(Btw. a cool solution would be, to be only informed, if the chart has stopped to "move", because if I use for example the PaintListener I got a lot of
notifications but I only want to fetch my data if the chart is still not moving any more)

2. In my application I display a lot of sections, so a vertical scrollbar is shown. If I scroll to the bottom, and then (by a context change) I hide a
few sections and display only a few of them, the ganttChart is allready at the bottom, and the user has manually scroll to the top of the chart, to
see the visible sections.
Is there a way to jump to the top of the chart?

3. Is there a way to fix the chart to a special timerange?
For example: Let the user only moving, zooming etc. from 1. January to 30. January

4. What is the best way to show and hide sections and events to save memory/performance of the chart?

Btw. I'm using the latest nightly build from the hexapixel site.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Markus
Previous Topic:Nebula Grid Focus issue: is it a bug?
Next Topic:GanttChart Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:55:14 GMT 2024