Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » running diagram in debug (debugging emf or gmf editors )
running diagram in debug [message #509707] Mon, 25 January 2010 04:52 Go to next message
Mary is currently offline MaryFriend
After generating the GMF diagram code or the EMF edit/editor code. Instead of "Run as .." Eclipse application, how do you use "Debug as"? WHen I tried it it still brought up another Eclipse application.
Re: running diagram in debug [message #509723 is a reply to message #509707] Mon, 25 January 2010 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

do you define a .product?

if not you simply must check that gmf generated plugin are checked before debugging.

if yes you need to choose the right product in main configuration tab "run a product"

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: running diagram in debug [message #509792 is a reply to message #509723] Mon, 25 January 2010 12:47 Go to previous message
Thomas is currently offline ThomasFriend
I agree and i think you run a product, if you get a new eclipse instance. For debuging: Right Click on xxx.diagram -> debug as -> debug configurations -> [Run an application -> {yourApp}]. Then your gmf project should start debugging as an application and it will not open a new Eclipse Instance.

This should work.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 12:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Sketch API for GMF
Next Topic:Correct way to initialize sub-objects?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:11:59 GMT 2024