Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [HELP] problem importing a workspace from XP to macosx(JRE unbound error)
[HELP] problem importing a workspace from XP to macosx [message #509274] Thu, 21 January 2010 19:59 Go to next message
hodac  is currently offline hodac Friend
Hello

I am developing a plugin that depends on JDT and its associate product. During the day, I run eclipse under XP and during the night (I know I should not) on my macosx (snow leopard)

So, I export my workspace at the end of the day on a n USB key and import it on macosx. It runs fine. the compilation is OK.

Now I launch my product (thru eclipse). I create in my product a project with the JAVA nature. I notice it has an error on the root. I open the project properties and I can see that the JRE has a problem:
JRE system Library [JavaSE-1.6] (unbound)

I cannot edit that and I have got the message
Build path entry is missing: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6

at the top of the property dialog

I go to the product preferences/java/installedJRE and I try to setup a JRE (the list is empty) but when I choose a JRE, it says
Standard VM not supported on MacOS.
. note that in my eclipse IDE, I have a lot of available JREs

what's wrong? note that on XP it runs OK, no problem.
Re: [SOLVED] problem importing a workspace from XP to macosx [message #512709 is a reply to message #509274] Sat, 06 February 2010 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hodac  is currently offline hodac Friend
well, my launch configuration has to integrate (in the plugin tab) the org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx and org.eclipse.jdt.launching.ui.macosx.

In fact, when I click validate plug-ins without those specific plugins, everything is OK. I have to add them manually (add required plugins has no effect)

On windows, obviously, those plugins are not necessary.
Re: [SOLVED] problem importing a workspace from XP to macosx [message #721207 is a reply to message #512709] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:34 Go to previous message
dan  is currently offline dan Friend
I am having this same issue but do not understand how you fixed it.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2011 07:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to set time interval for Refresh Automatically?
Next Topic:Howto disable suggestion popup box?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:40:16 GMT 2024