Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Disable JSP Search(How to disable JSP Search)
Disable JSP Search [message #507108] Tue, 12 January 2010 08:37
Enrico Goosen is currently offline Enrico GoosenFriend
As per the following post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50352055

Hi All, we recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.1 in my company and I've come across something that is starting to really annoy me. Basically I want to find references to say a class name or a method name within the codebase, just do the usual which is highlight that name, right-click and select find references. So far so good, it finds me the references, but then it goes on to a "JSP Search - <name to find references to>". That's what the dialog box name changes to at this point, in the dialog there's a progress bar and above which there's an informational icon with the title Searching, below the progress bar it says "JSP: lookup indexes..." . Now I've no idea why it does this, we have 2 separate projects within the workspace, the front-end client project does contain jsp pages but this was never referenced in previous Eclipse versions, I've tried to exclude any possibility of a jsp search by restricting the reference search by working set, i.e. only search the project for the server, but to no avail. The reason this bugs me is that even if I cancel on this search, or select run in background and then click the stop icon, it can still take a few minutes to shut down, and until it does it really hogs my resources! The relevant search of the code that actually contains useful references takes seconds, but then this useless search that produces no visible result slows Eclipse noticeably until complete. Not very good when you're trying to run a trace reference to navigate up through many layers of the code base. Does anyone please know of a way I can disable this, the Eclipse Help is useless on it, doesn't seem to know a thing about it, I've also googled it and come up with nada. Any tips greatly appreciated.
Re: Disable JSP Search [message #507196 is a reply to message #507108] Tue, 12 January 2010 08:09 Go to previous message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
Enrico,

You are in luck, a preference to disable JSP Search when doing a Java search has been implemented in WTP 3.2. To see information on the implementation see Bug 291654.

If you can not wait for the 3.2 official release you could try out the latest Milistone driver found which can be found here.

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Previous Topic:Cross Document References persistence with Translator
Next Topic:ECore to WSDL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:28:44 GMT 2024