Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Open Declaration to an empty deleted file...
Open Declaration to an empty deleted file... [message #505284] Tue, 29 December 2009 05:17 Go to next message
JIA Pei is currently offline JIA PeiFriend

Hi, all:

I'm using Eclipse 3.5 + CDT under Ubuntu 9.10

I was debugging my project. One .cpp file, say A.cpp file was replying on B.h, but now, I changed the name B.h to C.h .

Now, I put my mouth on one of the variables in A.cpp, which was defined in B.h but now in C.h of course. And then, I clicked "Open Declaration", it will open an empty file named "B.h", which does not exist at all !!!
I was supposing it will open the file "C.h" directly.

So, I guess there must be somewhere to automatically recall every meta information of Eclipse CDT project. I then deleted all files under Debug, and rebuild all staffs. Phenomenon continues.

Can anybody help to explain why it is so ? How to avoid this wrongly "open declaration"? I mean, there must be somewhere else except Debug to remember the meta information, right?

Cheers
JIA
Re: Open Declaration to an empty deleted file... [message #1002282 is a reply to message #505284] Fri, 18 January 2013 10:04 Go to previous message
Bobby Doherty is currently offline Bobby DohertyFriend
I have a similar issue, did you or anyone else come across a solution?
Previous Topic:How to manipulate C++ project programaticaly
Next Topic:unresolved #include's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:39:47 GMT 2024