Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Does the Gastro sample work with current 3.0?
[CDO] Does the Gastro sample work with current 3.0? [message #503951] Wed, 16 December 2009 15:36 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Hi again,

I am using my Helios M4 Eclipse with the latest CDO nightly build from Hudson. When I run GastroTestClient1 I get the exception below. Is this because the example is not up to date with the 3.0 or am I missing something in my environment?

Many thanks,
Joel

[ERROR] Factory not found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.sessions[cdo]
org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.FactoryNotFoundException: Factory not found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.sessions[cdo]
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.getFactory(ManagedContainer.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.createElement(ManagedContainer.java:490)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.getElement(ManagedContainer.java:281)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.getElement(ManagedContainer.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.actions.OpenSessionAction.doRun(OpenSessionAction.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.ui.actions.LongRunningAction$1.run(LongRunningAction.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 December 2009 10:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [CDO] Does the Gastro sample work with current 3.0? [message #503958 is a reply to message #503951] Wed, 16 December 2009 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6450
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Joel,

It's supposed to be up to date and runnable. I used it in many recent
presentations. I just checked that the needed
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.CDONet4jSessionFactory is registered
by the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.net4j plugin. Did you deploy that one?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper



Joel Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
> Hi again,
>
> I am using my Helios M4 Eclipse with the latest CDO nightly build from
> Hudson. When I run GastroTestClient1 I get the exception below. Is
> this because the example is not up to date with the 3.0 or am I
> missing something in my enverironment?
>
> Many thanks,
> Joel
>
> [ERROR] Factory not found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.sessions[cdo]
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.FactoryNotFoundException: Factory not
> found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.sessions[cdo]
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.getFactory (ManagedContainer.java:193)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.createElem ent(ManagedContainer.java:490)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.getElement (ManagedContainer.java:281)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.container.ManagedContainer.getElement (ManagedContainer.java:265)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.actions.OpenSessionAction.do Run(OpenSessionAction.java:67)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.ui.actions.LongRunningAction$1.run(Lo ngRunningAction.java:185)
>
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
>


Re: [CDO] Does the Gastro sample work with current 3.0? [message #503965 is a reply to message #503958] Wed, 16 December 2009 16:03 Go to previous message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Yes it is installed, but the launch config "Add Required Plug-ins" did not select it nor did the "Validate Plug-ins" complain about it being missing. There is no explicit dependency in the testclient plug-in to this, but there is to one to org.eclipse.net4j.tcp, should that have pulled it in?

I added it manually and everything is working now.

Many thanks (again;-)
Joel

Eike Stepper wrote on Wed, 16 December 2009 15:43
Hi Joel,

It's supposed to be up to date and runnable. I used it in many recent
presentations. I just checked that the needed
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.CDONet4jSessionFactory is registered
by the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.net4j plugin. Did you deploy that one?


Re: [CDO] Does the Gastro sample work with current 3.0? [message #503970 is a reply to message #503965] Wed, 16 December 2009 11:16 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6450
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Joel Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
> Yes it is installed, but the launch config "Add Required Plug-ins" did
> not select it nor did the "Validate Plug-ins" complain about it being
> missing. There is no explicit dependency in the testclient plug-in to
> this, but there is to one to org.eclipse.net4j.tcp, should that have
> pulled it in?
This plugin was created when I decoupled CDO from Net4j transport. The
whole purpoe is that nothing in CDO points to that plugin. But I think
it makes sense for the testclient example to reference it. I'll change
that. Thx for the hint ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
> I added it manually and everything is working now.
>
> Many thanks (again;-)
> Joel
>
> Eike Stepper wrote on Wed, 16 December 2009 15:43
>> Hi Joel,
>>
>> It's supposed to be up to date and runnable. I used it in many recent
>> presentations. I just checked that the needed
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.CDONet4jSessionFactory is registered
>> by the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.net4j plugin. Did you deploy that one?
>
>


Previous Topic:[CDO] Use CDO with Eclipse 3.3 and EMF 2.3
Next Topic:Problems with emf ecore model
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Nov 12 05:31:05 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01881 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top