Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » org.eclipse.ui.ide dependency
org.eclipse.ui.ide dependency [message #503721] Tue, 15 December 2009 08:49 Go to next message
Matt Biggs is currently offline Matt BiggsFriend
Is it possible to remove the dependency on org.eclipse.ui.ide from the generated .diagram plugin?

We are developing an application that will use its own custom EMF resource. As such we wont be using a file based editor.

Therefore i dont want any of the creation wizards or anything that requires org.eclipse.ui.ide.
Re: org.eclipse.ui.ide dependency [message #503812 is a reply to message #503721] Tue, 15 December 2009 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

I suppose that you can remove it from the templates.

Regards,

Aurelien Pupier

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: org.eclipse.ui.ide dependency [message #504121 is a reply to message #503721] Thu, 17 December 2009 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've managed to remove the dependency and produce an app which loads a custom emf resource.

The majority of the changes include removing the generated wizards and removing the IFileEditorInput as an input and simply using the URIEditorInput.

I'm going to have a go at modifying the generation plugins next to prevent them from producing the files. I'll probably add an option to the GMF generation options to disable generating UI components.

If i get the it working, would this be useful to others?

It means you can use GMF and still use your own custom editor with its own resource without requiring all of eclipse IDE.
Re: org.eclipse.ui.ide dependency [message #504130 is a reply to message #503721] Thu, 17 December 2009 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmmm.. it looks like theres already options in there to determine if it should generate things like the generateInitDiagramAction.

However im not sure how you change this in your gmfgen in order to prevent it generating.
Re: org.eclipse.ui.ide dependency [message #504317 is a reply to message #503721] Fri, 18 December 2009 10:13 Go to previous message
Well ive finally got to the bottom of it. It appears that if your GMFgen contains an 'Application' it wont depend on org.eclipse.ui.ide. If you remove it it will. This makes sense, so all sorted now.
Previous Topic:[GMF XPand templates ] targetDef.proceed() fails
Next Topic:Calling Java from Xpand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:29:54 GMT 2024