Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Eclipse product export missing executable binary
Eclipse product export missing executable binary [message #503535] Mon, 14 December 2009 11:00 Go to next message
M.  is currently offline M. Friend
Greetings,

I have a problem exporting a small plugin based RCP application using Eclipse 3.5SR2 or 3.6M4. The corresponding delta pack is added to the default target platform and the launcher artifacts are added as a dependency.

When exporting everything seems fine, no error message appears. Unfortunately the exported product is missing its executable.

In the target directories "linux.gtk.x86_64/appname" and "win32.win32.x86_64/appname" are only a single file named "artifacts.xml" and two directories "p2" and "plugins". There is no executable binary and the "plugins" directories are missing the launcher artifacts.

Parallel to them is a directory "repositories/plugins" which does contain the launcher artifacts.

I already exported the application successfully using Eclipse 3.4. some month ago but I can't find the missing point in the current configuration.

Any help is appreciated,
M.
Re: Eclipse product export missing executable binary [message #505136 is a reply to message #503535] Sun, 27 December 2009 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend
Hi M.

Yes, this sometimes happens to me too. I can never really duplicate the
situation. I always remove the product and rebuild it again. Is your product
plugin listed in the list of plugins?

--

Best Regards,
Wim Jongman
-- When 900 years old, you reach
Re: Eclipse product export missing executable binary [message #505316 is a reply to message #503535] Tue, 29 December 2009 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.  is currently offline M. Friend
Yes, the product plugin (same as the application plugin) is included in the dependencies.

Do you recreate the default.product file or do you remove and recreate a complete plugin?
Re: Re: Eclipse product export missing executable binary [message #505500 is a reply to message #505316] Thu, 31 December 2009 07:40 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend
Hi M.

I remove the product file and start over. Also remove all the ...product
extensions in the containing plugin. Why do you call your product "default"?

--

Best Regards,
Wim Jongman
-- R2-D2, you know better than to trust a strange computer.
C-3PO, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

> Yes, the product plugin (same as the application plugin) is included in the
dependencies.
>
> Do you recreate the default.product file or do you remove and recreate a
complete plugin?
Previous Topic:Javadocs as OSGi Bundle?
Next Topic:Application Menu bar disappears when used OLEControlSite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:05:49 GMT 2024