Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Using 3.0(How to obtain or build the development stream)
[CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503255] Fri, 11 December 2009 15:56 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Hi,

I would like to give CDO 3.0 a try and I have a few questions:

1. Are there built releases available for download yet or do I need to get the source from CVS and build it?

2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is it dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?

3. There is a wiki CDO Source Installation That appears to be for setting CDO 2.0 source in a pre-release Eclipse 3.5 environment. Is this article at all applicable to setting up 3.0?

Any advice on getting this together as painlessly as possible would be much appreciated Smile

Cheers,
Joel
Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503308 is a reply to message #503255] Fri, 11 December 2009 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Roldan Betancort is currently offline Victor Roldan BetancortFriend
Messages: 524
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Joel,

comments below:

Joel Rosi-Schwartz escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to give CDO 3.0 a try and I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Are there built releases available for download yet or do I need
> to get the source from CVS and build it?

No, releases available yet, sorry.
>
> 2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is it
> dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?
>

As far as I know, no Eclipse 3.6 runtime dependencies yet, nor EMF 2.6 :)

> 3. There is a wiki http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO_Source_Installation
> That appears to be for setting CDO 2.0 source in a pre-release Eclipse
> 3.5 environment. Is this article at all applicable to setting up 3.0?

Yes, this document is applicable to setting 3.0. The only thing you
would need to change is the API baseline, but you can skip that step if
you want.

It might be the case that the script misses some source plugins. I case
you find some of those, please report us and we will fix it.

I experienced some problems with HibernateStore sources, but since I
didn't need it, I skipped it. Martin would jump in, in case you are
interested :)

> Any advice on getting this together as painlessly as possible would be
> much appreciated :)

I'm just going to try this tutorial, so I'll probably find problems if any.

We would kindly assist you whenever needed :)


>
> Cheers,
> Joel

Cheers!
Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503309 is a reply to message #503255] Fri, 11 December 2009 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Roldan Betancort is currently offline Victor Roldan BetancortFriend
Messages: 524
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I just checked, and I beleive Eike took the trouble to keep those
updated, so the PSF should work fine :) Let us know if you find any problem.


Joel Rosi-Schwartz escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to give CDO 3.0 a try and I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Are there built releases available for download yet or do I need
> to get the source from CVS and build it?
>
> 2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is it
> dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?
>
> 3. There is a wiki http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO_Source_Installation
> That appears to be for setting CDO 2.0 source in a pre-release Eclipse
> 3.5 environment. Is this article at all applicable to setting up 3.0?
> Any advice on getting this together as painlessly as possible would be
> much appreciated :)
>
> Cheers,
> Joel
Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503311 is a reply to message #503309] Fri, 11 December 2009 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Victor,

Thanks for both replies. I also ran into a post for nightly builds from Hudson at Project cbi-emf-net4j-cdo-3.0. Would using this be more more straightforward to get an environment set up to test out 3.0?

Cheers,
Joel

Victor Roldan Betancort wrote on Fri, 11 December 2009 18:19
I just checked, and I beleive Eike took the trouble to keep those
updated, so the PSF should work fine Smile Let us know if you find any problem.


Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503315 is a reply to message #503311] Fri, 11 December 2009 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Roldan Betancort is currently offline Victor Roldan BetancortFriend
Messages: 524
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Joel,

> Thanks for both replies. I also ran into a post for nightly builds from
> Hudson at
>
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emf-n et4j-cdo-3.0/
> Would using this be more more straightforward to get an environment set
> up to test out 3.0?

I haven't tried out the new build system, so I didn't think of this
alternative, neither I can't confirm how "straigforward" is to deploy
these builds, but I guess it is as easy (or hard :P) as our former build
system.

Hope Eike can jump in for this.
Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503359 is a reply to message #503315] Sat, 12 December 2009 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6451
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi guys,

The "nightly" builsd on Hudson are in fact CI builds and they're fully
tested. They'd differ from I, S or R builds mostly in that they're not
signed or packed.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper



Víctor Roldán Betancort schrieb:
> Joel,
>
> > Thanks for both replies. I also ran into a post for nightly builds from
> > Hudson at
> >
> https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emf-n et4j-cdo-3.0/
>
> > Would using this be more more straightforward to get an environment set
> > up to test out 3.0?
>
> I haven't tried out the new build system, so I didn't think of this
> alternative, neither I can't confirm how "straigforward" is to deploy
> these builds, but I guess it is as easy (or hard :P) as our former
> build system.
>
> Hope Eike can jump in for this.


Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503399 is a reply to message #503359] Sat, 12 December 2009 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ekkehard gentz is currently offline ekkehard gentzFriend
Messages: 118
Registered: July 2009
Location: rosenheim, Germany, bavar...
Senior Member

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030608070105080203060709
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Eike Stepper schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> The "nightly" builsd on Hudson are in fact CI builds and they're fully
> tested. They'd differ from I, S or R builds mostly in that they're not
> signed or packed.
>
I can confirm that the N-Builds work well
I always use the latest "green" Build, download the update-site and use
this as Local Updatesite in IDE or TargetPlatform
you dont have to unzip - simply choose the archive

works using Galileo or Helios

ekke
> Cheers
> /Eike
>
> ----
> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>
>
>
> Víctor Roldán Betancort schrieb:
>> Joel,
>>
>> > Thanks for both replies. I also ran into a post for nightly builds
>> from
>> > Hudson at
>> >
>> https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emf-n et4j-cdo-3.0/
>>
>> > Would using this be more more straightforward to get an environment
>> set
>> > up to test out 3.0?
>>
>> I haven't tried out the new build system, so I didn't think of this
>> alternative, neither I can't confirm how "straigforward" is to deploy
>> these builds, but I guess it is as easy (or hard :P) as our former
>> build system.
>>
>> Hope Eike can jump in for this.


--

ekke (ekkehard gentz)
independent software-architect
senior erp-consultant
eclipse | osgi | equinox | mdsd | oaw | emf | uml
max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke@ekkes-corner.org
homepage (de): http://gentz-software.de
blog (en): http://ekkes-corner.org
twitter: @ekkescorner
skype: ekkes-corner
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490


--------------030608070105080203060709
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Eike Stepper schrieb:
<blockquote cite="mid:hfvk4i$j9h$2@build.eclipse.org" type="cite">Hi
guys,
<br>
<br>
The "nightly" builsd on Hudson are in fact CI builds and they're fully
tested. They'd differ from I, S or R builds mostly in that they're not
signed or packed.
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
I can confirm that the N-Builds work well<br>
I always use the latest "green" Build, download the update-site and use
this as Local Updatesite in IDE or TargetPlatform<br>
you dont have to unzip - simply choose the archive<br>
<br>
works using Galileo or Helios<br>
<br>
ekke<br>
<blockquote cite="mid:hfvk4i$j9h$2@build.eclipse.org" type="cite">Cheers
<br>
/Eike
<br>
<br>
----
<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://thegordian.blogspot.com">http://thegordian.blogspot.com</a>
<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://twitter.com/eikestepper">http://twitter.com/eikestepper</a>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Víctor Roldán Betancort schrieb:
<br>
<blockquote type="cite">Joel,
<br>
<br>
&gt; Thanks for both replies. I also ran into a post for nightly builds
from
<br>
&gt; Hudson at
<br>
&gt;
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href=" https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emf-n et4j-cdo-3.0/"> https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emf-n et4j-cdo-3.0/</a>.
<br>
&gt; Would using this be more more straightforward to get an
environment set
<br>
&gt; up to test out 3.0?
<br>
<br>
I haven't tried out the new build system, so I didn't think of this
alternative, neither I can't confirm how "straigforward" is to deploy
these builds, but I guess it is as easy (or hard :P) as our former
build system.
<br>
<br>
Hope Eike can jump in for this.
<br>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;"> <font ,="" color="#808080"
face="Verdana, sans-serif"> <font size="4">ekke (ekkehard gentz)<br>
</font> <font size="3"> independent software-architect<br>
senior erp-consultant<br>
</font> <font size="2">eclipse | osgi | equinox | mdsd | oaw | emf |
uml<br>
max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:ekke@ekkes-corner.org">mailto:ekke@ekkes-corner.org</a><br>
homepage (de): <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://gentz-software.de">http://gentz-software.de</a><br>
blog (en): <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ekkes-corner.org">http://ekkes-corner.org</a><br>
twitter: @ekkescorner<br>
skype: ekkes-corner<br>
</font> <font size="1"> Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID:
DE189929490<br>
</font> </font> </p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--------------030608070105080203060709--


ekke
independent software architect

blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
twitter: @ekkescorner
Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503521 is a reply to message #503399] Mon, 14 December 2009 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Ekke, Eike,

Thank you both the update site works a treat.

Joel
Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503526 is a reply to message #503309] Mon, 14 December 2009 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Just in case anyone is interested. As Victor said, CDO 3.0 itself is not dependent on EMF 2.6. However the org.gastro.business sample does seem to be.

Cheers,
Joel


Victor Roldan Betancort wrote on Fri, 11 December 2009 18:07
Joel,

comments below:

Joel Rosi-Schwartz escribió:

> 2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is it
> dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?
>

As far as I know, no Eclipse 3.6 runtime dependencies yet, nor EMF 2.6 Smile


Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503558 is a reply to message #503526] Mon, 14 December 2009 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6451
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Joel Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
> Just in case anyone is interested. As Victor said, CDO 3.0 itself is
> not dependent on EMF 2.6. However the org.gastro.business sample does
> seem to be.
Although it's not too important, I'm curious: What exactly in the gastro
example is not compatible with pre-EMF-3.6?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
> Cheers,
> Joel
>
>
> Victor Roldan Betancort wrote on Fri, 11 December 2009 18:07
>> Joel,
>>
>> comments below:
>>
>> Joel Rosi-Schwartz escribió:
>>
>> > 2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is
>> it > dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?
>> >
>> As far as I know, no Eclipse 3.6 runtime dependencies yet, nor EMF
>> 2.6 :)
>
>


Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503561 is a reply to message #503558] Mon, 14 December 2009 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 624
Registered: July 2009
Location: London. England
Senior Member
Three plugins have EMF 2.6 dependencies as below. The balance of the compile problems just seem to be overflows from these 3 not building.

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.emf.edit: [2.6.0,3.0.0)'	MANIFEST.MF	/org.gastro.business.edit/META-INF	line 13	Plug-in Problem
Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore: [2.6.0,3.0.0)'	MANIFEST.MF	/org.gastro.inventory/META-INF	line 14	Plug-in Problem
Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore: [2.6.0,3.0.0)'	MANIFEST.MF	/org.gastro.business/META-INF	line 14	Plug-in Problem



Eike Stepper wrote on Mon, 14 December 2009 16:53
Joel Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
> Just in case anyone is interested. As Victor said, CDO 3.0 itself is
> not dependent on EMF 2.6. However the org.gastro.business sample does
> seem to be.
Although it's not too important, I'm curious: What exactly in the gastro
example is not compatible with pre-EMF-3.6?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
> Cheers,
> Joel
>
>
> Victor Roldan Betancort wrote on Fri, 11 December 2009 18:07
>> Joel,
>>
>> comments below:
>>
>> Joel Rosi-Schwartz escribió:
>>
>> > 2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is
>> it > dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?
>> >
>> As far as I know, no Eclipse 3.6 runtime dependencies yet, nor EMF
>> 2.6 Smile
>
>

Re: [CDO] Using 3.0 [message #503572 is a reply to message #503561] Mon, 14 December 2009 17:52 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6451
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Joel,

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed these dependencies to 2.4-3.0.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper



Joel Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
> Three plugins have EMF 2.6 dependencies as below. The balance of the
> compile problems just seem to be overflows from these 3 not building.
>
>
> Description Resource Path Location Type
> Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.emf.edit:
> [2.6.0,3.0.0)' MANIFEST.MF /org.gastro.business.edit/META-INF
> line 13 Plug-in Problem
> Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore:
> [2.6.0,3.0.0)' MANIFEST.MF /org.gastro.inventory/META-INF
> line 14 Plug-in Problem
> Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore:
> [2.6.0,3.0.0)' MANIFEST.MF /org.gastro.business/META-INF line
> 14 Plug-in Problem
>
>
>
> Eike Stepper wrote on Mon, 14 December 2009 16:53
>> Joel Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
>> > Just in case anyone is interested. As Victor said, CDO 3.0 itself is
>> > not dependent on EMF 2.6. However the org.gastro.business sample does
>> > seem to be.
>> Although it's not too important, I'm curious: What exactly in the gastro
>> example is not compatible with pre-EMF-3.6?
>>
>> Cheers
>> /Eike
>>
>> ----
>> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
>> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>>
>>
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Joel
>> >
>> >
>> > Victor Roldan Betancort wrote on Fri, 11 December 2009 18:07
>> >> Joel,
>> >>
>> >> comments below:
>> >>
>> >> Joel Rosi-Schwartz escribió:
>> >>
>> >> > 2. What are the dependencies? Can I stay with Eclipse 3.5 or is
>> >> it > dependent on other 3.6 project streams, e.g. EMF?
>> >> >
>> >> As far as I know, no Eclipse 3.6 runtime dependencies yet, nor EMF
>> >> 2.6 :)
>> >
>> >
>
>


Previous Topic:Modifying properties view (combo box value)
Next Topic:[teneo] delete not the references
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 17 15:00:12 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top