Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Issue with Axis2, Tomcat, Spring, and Eclipse working then not working
Issue with Axis2, Tomcat, Spring, and Eclipse working then not working [message #502370] Mon, 07 December 2009 21:12
Andy is currently offline AndyFriend
Hi,

I have a jar file that I am importing into my axis2 web service aar. The jar file has a Spring resource file in it called license-beans2.xml which handles my data access objects. If I run my service through Eclipse and let Eclipse deploy it to Tomcat, everything about my service works perfectly. The WSDL displays and the service returns the data it should.

Since I need to deploy it on a production machine, I packaged my service into an aar file using the axis2 packaging Eclipse plugin, made absolutely sure the jar file with the Spring xml file was in the aar file, and decided to deploy it to an external Tomcat instance. Now when I hit the service I get the following error:

Exception parsing XML document from class path resource [license-beans2.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [license-beans2.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist.

I have done a bunch of searching around and thought I had this issue taken care of previously. I don't understand how Eclipse could deploy it automagically without any issues but it blows up when I try to hit the service when it is installed manually. My only guess is that Eclipse is doing something with the classpath in Tomcat (making it global or something to that effect) because it doesn't install the web service in the same way that a manual install would be done. If anyone can shed some light on how to get the axis2 service to see the spring xml file that would be great or what the real difference is between an Eclipse deploy and a standard manual deploy of an aar file.

Thanks,

Andy
Previous Topic:WAS serverdef/plugin
Next Topic:XML templates filtering by extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:48:47 GMT 2024