Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Check menu contribution items based upon object state
Check menu contribution items based upon object state [message #502190] Mon, 07 December 2009 07:20 Go to next message
Anubhav Manak is currently offline Anubhav ManakFriend
Hi,

I have created a menu (context menu) using menu contribution and commands. On popup menu, i need to check the menu items based upon the current state of my object (without selecting any menu item in popup). How can I do this?

I tried IElementUpdater but there is no way to get my object in updateElement() method

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Anubhav Manak
Re: Check menu contribution items based upon object state [message #502193 is a reply to message #502190] Mon, 07 December 2009 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golovanov is currently offline Michael GolovanovFriend
Hi,

I think that ISourceProvide can help you to solve your problem.
http://blog.eclipse-tips.com/2009/02/commands-part-5-authent ication-in-rcp.html

With best regards, Mike

Re: Check menu contribution items based upon object state [message #502195 is a reply to message #502193] Mon, 07 December 2009 07:56 Go to previous message
Anubhav Manak is currently offline Anubhav ManakFriend
Hi Mike,

thanks for quick reply

I have approx 30 properties (variables) in my object and each variable contribute to different menu items. It means I'll have to create 30 command States and check menu items based upon these states. Is there any other simple way to implement this?
Previous Topic:Embed a Flash animation within RCP Help
Next Topic:Hibernate cross bundle mapping with annotations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:36:41 GMT 2024