Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Eclipse Internal Web Browser and Applets(Eclipse Internal Web Browser and Applets)
Eclipse Internal Web Browser and Applets [message #501144] Tue, 01 December 2009 09:39 Go to next message
Reinhard Klein is currently offline Reinhard KleinFriend
I created a java project in eclipse with one html file and a java file containing the (hello world) applet code. When I open the file with Firefox, the applet is called and displayed well.
When I open the html file in Eclipse with the internal web browser, the applet is not displayed (and no error message is shown). Are applets supported by the internal web browser?

Details:
The html file contains the following line:
<applet code="ad1.TextIO.class" codebase="bin" alt="no applet shown"></applet>
which works fine when i open the html file with the firefox browser.
(Package "ad1" contains java file "TextIO", Eclipse generates the TextIO.class file in "bin" subdirectory).
I use Version: 3.4.2 of Eclipse (Ganymed) on Windows Vista
Re: Eclipse Internal Web Browser and Applets [message #501800 is a reply to message #501144] Thu, 03 December 2009 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
No, they are not. Applets will not run in the help browser or the internal web browser.
Re: Eclipse Internal Web Browser and Applets [message #1008429 is a reply to message #501800] Tue, 12 February 2013 12:52 Go to previous message
Dhruvang Brahmkshatriya is currently offline Dhruvang BrahmkshatriyaFriend
Hi,

We are using Eclipse (Helios Service Release 2) and facing same issue, so just want to know that, is there any way to resolve this issue ? or is there any other eclipse version we need to use for it ?

Please guide further.

Thanks
Dhruvang

Previous Topic:Standalone Eclipse help won't run from fileserver ClassNotFound - EclipseStarter
Next Topic:how to update recursively using CVS?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:00:42 GMT 2024