Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Programmatically add tabs to a TabbedPropertySheet
Programmatically add tabs to a TabbedPropertySheet [message #499047] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:16 Go to next message
fir0 is currently offline fir0Friend
Hi,

is there any way to programmatically add tabs to a TabbedPropertySheet?

I have a Object which can contain 0 to n childs. All childs are the same type. I already wrote a PropertySection and as long there is 0 or 1 child its working fine. If there are more then 1 child i want to create a tab for each child programmatically (by stil using the same Property Section and Filter). For that i need to know how i can access the "org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed" extension points in a programmatically and dynamic way.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards
Robert
Re: Programmatically add tabs to a TabbedPropertySheet [message #499111 is a reply to message #499047] Thu, 19 November 2009 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

fir0 wrote on Thu, 19 November 2009 11:16

how i can access the "org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed" extension points in a programmatically and dynamic way.

Is it what you're searching for?

Platform.getExtensionRegistry()

Regards,

Aurelien Pupier

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: Programmatically add tabs to a TabbedPropertySheet [message #499234 is a reply to message #499111] Fri, 20 November 2009 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you.

Found http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ledoc/v6r1/index.js p?topic=/com.ibm.rcp.tools.doc.appdev/ttoolbadddynamic.html which helps me to dynamicly create tabs. I really don't like to create contributions by xml but there seems to be no other way Sad

regards,

Robert
Re: Programmatically add tabs to a TabbedPropertySheet [message #499874 is a reply to message #499047] Tue, 24 November 2009 12:55 Go to previous message
After creating Property Tabs dynamically, i also needed to use generic filters. I did not found much about this problem but i dicovered a solution which works for me:

Let the Filter implement IExecutableExtension so you can config the filter by using "<filterclass>:<configurationinformation>" in the filter attribute of a propertySection.

Maybe this sometimes helps someone who got a similar problem.

Regards,

Robert
Previous Topic:How to enable status line in a tabbed property sheet?
Next Topic:StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:10:47 GMT 2024