Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Set start levels of plugins with p2.inf during PDE-Build
Set start levels of plugins with p2.inf during PDE-Build [message #498788] Wed, 18 November 2009 16:00
TW  is currently offline TW Friend
Hi everybody,

at the moment I have difficulties while building my product. The build itself works fine but I´m not able to change the start levels of my plugins with a p2.inf file in my directory.

Unfortunately there are few good tutorials about the p2 topic itself and almost nothing about setting start levels with p2.inf during the PDE-Build.

Because I need to implement this feature in my project I started to implement a little prototype project according to:

http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipsePDEBuild/article.html

As far as I know, p2 should be turned on because we have set p2.gathering = true.

When I do not add a p2.inf file the build succeeds and i get a .zip file. Inside the zip file in the simpleconfigurator folder there is a "bundles.info" file. Inside this file i can see all the plug ins with their start levels.

I should now be able to customize the start levels with the p2.inf file. When I put a p2.inf file into my product plugin and build the product again, there are no changes in the "bundles.info".

I started to ask google and searched a lot of forums, because I´m completely new to this topic.

After searching for a while if found the
following post: http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform.pde/m sg01595.html

"PDE doesn't look at p2.inf files when generating launch
configurations or the bundles.info when self-hosting. ..."

Does this mean, that i cannot set start level informations from my p2.inf file if i want to build my application with a PDE build?

Greetins TW
Previous Topic:Ant build on Mac
Next Topic:How to internationalize p2 equinox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:04:43 GMT 2024