Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission
Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #498399] Mon, 16 November 2009 18:26 Go to next message
Kaj Kandler is currently offline Kaj KandlerFriend

Since I started using Galileo I get the Mac OS X firewall pop-up frequently if I want to allow or deny Eclispe to receive connections.

It is annoying and I want to know why, and of course what I can do about it.

Thanks

Re: Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #498479 is a reply to message #498399] Tue, 17 November 2009 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Kaj Kandler wrote:
> Since I started using Galileo I get the Mac OS X firewall pop-up
> frequently if I want to allow or deny Eclispe to receive connections.
Where does it want to connect to? One reason might be that you don't
have the source for the JRE and hence it tries to fetch the Javadoc from
the web.

Dani
>
> It is annoying and I want to know why, and of course what I can do
> about it.
>
> Thanks
Re: Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #498585 is a reply to message #498479] Tue, 17 November 2009 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaj Kandler is currently offline Kaj KandlerFriend

Sorry I did not make myself fully clear.

This is not about outgoing connections. The firewall does ask about allowing to accept connections.

Re: Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #590777 is a reply to message #498399] Tue, 21 September 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter.degregorio is currently offline peter.degregorioFriend
Did you resolve this? I have the same problem in Helios with GlassFish. Right click on GlassFish server line and instead of context menu a firewall message pops up briefly and goes away. Starting the server causes the screen to flash repeatedly, which I suppose is the popup mesage popping up in the background.

Once the server is started I am able to right click on it and get the context menu. Also the flashing goes away.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2010 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #642290 is a reply to message #498399] Tue, 30 November 2010 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zxzasa  is currently offline zxzasa Friend
just change your firewall and see if it would help

i'd advice this http://www.protemac.com/netmine/ , it got free trial version
Re: Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #654609 is a reply to message #642290] Wed, 16 February 2011 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomas  is currently offline tomas Friend
yeah, I heard many people prefer to use ProteMAc NetMine ( www.protemac.com ) as a firewall
Re: Mac OS X - Why does Galileo ask frequently for firewall permission [message #994483 is a reply to message #498399] Thu, 27 December 2012 12:44 Go to previous message
Rahul Agarwal is currently offline Rahul AgarwalFriend
Putting Eclipse itself in th firewall options would not help.
Previous Topic:CommonJS AMD-style "define([...], function(...) {...});" compiler errors
Next Topic:Javascript Validation Problems with AMD Define()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:41:07 GMT 2024