Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Tooltip for Launch button
Tooltip for Launch button [message #496140] Mon, 09 November 2009 03:24 Go to next message
Matt Gray is currently offline Matt GrayFriend
I'm trying to change the tooltip that shows when someone hovers over the 'Run' or launch button in the toolbar of my IDE.

I've implemented an ILaunchShortcut and a launchConfigurationTypes, and that all works, but I can't seem to change the tooltip of the button. At the moment it sometimes says 'Run' and other times says 'Run filename', depending on the selected editor.

I'd like the tooltip to say 'Run' + name of configuration.

I've been looking at implementing an ILaunchLabelChangedListener, but I can't quite work out if that is what I'm meant to do, or how to do it. The LaunchingResourceManager class seems like it might be what I'm meant to hook into, but it is an internal class so I don't think I should use it?

Any tips on how to change the tooltip of the Run (and Debug) buttons would be appreciated.

Matt.
Re: Tooltip for Launch button [message #496691 is a reply to message #496140] Tue, 10 November 2009 23:59 Go to previous message
Matt Gray is currently offline Matt GrayFriend
Worked it out - the answer is that I needed to implement a ILaunchShortcut2 instead of an ILaunchShortcut.

This has some getLaunchConfigurations() methods that do what I needed.

Previous Topic:Galileo - where is the Laucher Icon?
Next Topic:Upgrade to 3.5, all editors blank, unhandled event loop exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:33:47 GMT 2024