Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Problems regarding Audit Rules being erroneously applied to model elements(When creating a model in a GMF generated editor, every Audit Rule (an OCL constraint) is being applied to a lot of model elements, irregardless of its "Domain Element Target" not be the one )
icon9.gif  Problems regarding Audit Rules being erroneously applied to model elements [message #495288] Wed, 04 November 2009 13:55
Alessander Botti Benevides is currently offline Alessander Botti BenevidesFriend
Hi people,

I had built a graphical editor with GMF 2.1.2 (within Eclipse 3.4.x) and I had no problems with batch or live validation by using Audit Rules (OCL constraints) that I put inside Audit Containers on the gmfmap file. But, when I install my editor in Eclipse 3.5.x with GMF 2.2.1, when I create models with the editor, I cannot create any connection (for example a connection of type "C") because it seems that every Audit Rule is being applied to C irregardless of its "Domain Element Target" not be C, or a subtype of C. Therefore, I receive live validation messages that were not supposed to occur in the creation of a C connection.

I also tried to generate the code of my editor with Eclipse 3.5.x and GMF 2.2.1, but the same problems happen. Everything is OK when my editor is installed in Eclipse 3.4.x with GMF 2.1.2. But, with Eclipse 3.5.x and GMF 2.2.x, these problems occur.

Even if I disable model validation*, I cannot create a connection, although the live validation messages are not shown.

* I disable model validation by setting to "false" the following properties of the gmfgen file (in "Gen Editor Generator XXX.diagram" -> "Gen Diagram ContainerEditPart"):
Live Validation UI Feedback -> false
Validation Decorators -> false
Validation Enabled -> false

Does someone knows what can I do in order to solve this problem?

Could this be a problem with the "(DEPRECATED, DO NOT USE)" fields of the gmfgen file? Because I had customized some "...CompartmentViewFactory.java" files within the folder "XXX.diagram.view.factories", which is now deprecated. Particularly, I had changed the "protected void decorateView(...)" method.

Can someone help-me?

Thanks,
Alessander Botti Benevides
Previous Topic:Editpart Selection and Focus on pressing Ctrl+Click
Next Topic:Can't find genClass for class 'InputAssociation' in package cakefeed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:16:05 GMT 2024