Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Writing into other Plug-in Preferences?
Writing into other Plug-in Preferences? [message #493623] Tue, 27 October 2009 10:07 Go to next message
Jan Kohnert is currently offline Jan KohnertFriend
Hello,

I want to write values into other plug-ins preferences without having to use the plugin_customization.ini approach. Instead I have a XML file contributing the settings. In my Application in ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor#preWindowOpen I want to assign the values.
The values come with the corresponding plug-in id just like in the plug-in_customization.ini file. For instance:
<Item key="org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_MEMORY_MONITOR" value="true"/>

Since the Platform's 'getPlugin() 'and the Plugin's 'getPluginPreferences()' are deprecated (and not working) I'm a bit confused how to get access to the desired preferences .

Thanks,
Jan

Re: Writing into other Plug-in Preferences? [message #493708 is a reply to message #493623] Tue, 27 October 2009 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi  is currently offline Ravi Friend
AbstractUIPlugin.getPreferenceStore() if the plugin extends from AbstractUIPlugin
Re: Writing into other Plug-in Preferences? [message #493823 is a reply to message #493623] Wed, 28 October 2009 08:09 Go to previous message
Jan Kohnert is currently offline Jan KohnertFriend
My Problem is, that I do not get the plug-in's. Sad
I can get a Bundle with Platform.getBundle(plugin). Using the Bundle reference, I also can get a BundleContext.. But this does not bring me any further, because none of them have a visible reference to there plug-in. Sad
Previous Topic:dll and MFC and errors
Next Topic:Attach the Java Debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:27:20 GMT 2024