Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures (when using my own pictures for entities, double-click event does not activate)
unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493002] Thu, 22 October 2009 16:27 Go to next message
Alireza Missing name is currently offline Alireza Missing nameFriend
Hello,

When I use default pictures of gmf for entities, by double clicking on a entity i can activate my preferred action but when I replace the pictures of entities by my own pictures, double-click does not work.
Any idea or solution?

Best,
Ali
Re: unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493096 is a reply to message #493002] Fri, 23 October 2009 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laura Hernández is currently offline Laura HernándezFriend
Hi Alireza,

what do you mean by your own pictures? A custom figure defined in gmfgraph?

Double clicking can be activated installing an OPEN_ROLE policy in your figure edit part.

Have you installed it?

Best regards,
Laura.
Re: unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493112 is a reply to message #493002] Fri, 23 October 2009 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laura,

By my own pictures, I mean I copied some pictures in icons folder of edit project instead of using default gmf pictures (so they are not gmf custom figure).

I have OpenDiagramEditPolicy implemented and it works when I use default gmf figures, but when I copy my own figure in the edit/icons folder and double-click on the entity, OpenDiagramEditPolicy does not work Sad

Best regards,
Ali
Re: unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493133 is a reply to message #493112] Fri, 23 October 2009 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the extension of that icons?
Have you messages in error log when double clicking your figure?
Re: unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493143 is a reply to message #493002] Fri, 23 October 2009 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

The format like default gmf shape's format is gif. I reduced the size of (height and weight) of my picture in paint and now it works. Why is that? The other point is that there seems to be a square that my picture is in it and it is located in the first half of this square (divide a square in two with a horizontal line, consider the the one at up), if i click on the up part of square (where my picture is) nothing happen and if i click the bottom part of the square my open diagram policy works, what do u think about that ?

Best,
Ali
Re: unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493152 is a reply to message #493143] Fri, 23 October 2009 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alireza,

it sounds pretty strange Smile

I have tried to do the same with figures svg (scalable vectorial graphics) and it works perfectly.

You can read this post: http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial_BPMN#Custom_Figures
in special the custom figures SVG paragraph.

Maybe someone can help you with the gif figures.

BR,
Laura.
Re: unrecognized double-click event clicking on my own pictures [message #493192 is a reply to message #493002] Fri, 23 October 2009 14:43 Go to previous message

So, do you mean that I need to convert the gif format to svg (scalable vectorial graphics)?
Previous Topic:Circle and square
Next Topic:Specialize an Element Type in the plugin.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:48:25 GMT 2024