Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Memory Leak in X with RCP app & Eclipse(Experienced on CentOS Linux but not Windows)
Memory Leak in X with RCP app & Eclipse [message #492869] Thu, 22 October 2009 07:45
Alec Brown is currently offline Alec BrownFriend
I'm not sure if I am the only person experiencing this. I have an RCP app that performs a lot of screen updates, however everything in the Java world clears up nicely and JConsole shows me a nice saw-tooth heap memory profile, however after a few hours of use, the memory on the box is maxed out and held by the Java and Xorg processes, and Xorg also starts using a large amount of CPU which it does not stop doing when the application is shut down.

I also find that occasionally the application just disappears in an instant. I am also finding that both of these problems are happening with Eclipse itself which leads me to believe it is a general SWT/RCP issue.

I have used SLeak to check that all my SWT resources are cleaned up and they are, I have tried the last 3 versions of Eclipse, various JDKs, and a couple of different versions of CentOS linux that I am running on. When I run this on Windows I don't see this problem and can run the app for weeks without issue or memory/CPU usage growth.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Does Eclipse perform better under another flavour of Linux, e.g. Ubuntu? Has anyone found a solution?

[Updated on: Thu, 22 October 2009 07:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ContributionItemFactory.VIEWS_SHORTLIST
Next Topic:Files permissions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:02:43 GMT 2024