Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Edited CSS not taking effect(Changes are not going into effect when I test them within Eclipe)
Edited CSS not taking effect [message #492289] Mon, 19 October 2009 19:41 Go to next message
craig  is currently offline craig Friend
I'm just venturing into HTML and CSS
I noted immediately though that when I edited a CSS file (saved it) then returned to the HTML file and changed to IE to view the output (reloading the html file) that it didn't change in accordance with the changes I made in the CSS file

I then tested creating a new CSS file with the changes I wanted (saved it). Then back to the HTML file, change the name of the css file that it's suppose to refer to then it worked! The IE now displayed the new CSS file with the changes I made.

This shouldn't be necessary!

Somethings not right here with Eclipse. Can someone confirm or deny this for me

edit:
I just discovered that the "refresh" button is simply not working.
If I close the html file and reopen it then it picks up the changes I've made to the css file

[Updated on: Mon, 19 October 2009 20:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Edited CSS not taking effect [message #493756 is a reply to message #492289] Tue, 27 October 2009 21:05 Go to previous message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
This sounds like a browser cache issue to me. IE might be using a cached version of your CSS file causing any changes not to be picked up when styling your HTML during a page reload versus closing the window and opening it new.
Previous Topic:How do you turn off the popups in the XSLT editor?
Next Topic:auto complete doesn't work for HTML and CSS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:32:53 GMT 2024