Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Common Navigator programmatically toggle filter(How do I programmatically toggle a filter in the Common Navigator?)
Common Navigator programmatically toggle filter [message #492270] Mon, 19 October 2009 17:16 Go to next message
Mark Melvin is currently offline Mark MelvinFriend
Hi,

I have some custom content extensions and filters that I have contributed to the common navigator framework (to the Project Explorer). I want to make it easier for the user the toggle a filter on and off with a single mouse-click. How can I turn a filter on or off in the common navigator, from code? I see how it is done from the filter dialog, but that looks quite complex, and involves calls to internal classes. Is there no simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Mark.
Re: Common Navigator programmatically toggle filter [message #492556 is a reply to message #492270] Tue, 20 October 2009 18:00 Go to previous message
Mark Melvin is currently offline Mark MelvinFriend
I did manage to achieve this by essentially doing a similar thing to org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.filters.UpdateActiveFilter sOperation#execute. This seems awfully heavy though. I think this is a candidate for API similar to INavigatorContentService#activateExtensions and INavigatorContentService#deactivateExtensions so I'll file an enhancement request.

Mark.
Previous Topic:Global preferences in 3.5
Next Topic:How to get project path inside the workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:31:07 GMT 2024