Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Automatically refresh of a viewer after a perspective switch
Automatically refresh of a viewer after a perspective switch [message #490089] Wed, 07 October 2009 10:05 Go to next message
Michelle Davidson is currently offline Michelle DavidsonFriend
Hello,

how can I refresh a viewer in a view, after a switch of the perspective?

I have 2 perspectives. On every perspective there is a view with a viewer. When the user now switch between the perspectives the viewer on the current perspective should be refreshed.

I know how I can refresh the viewer, but I dont know in which methode I must implement this refresh or which methode I must override to get this behaviour.
Re: Automatically refresh of a viewer after a perspective switch [message #490101 is a reply to message #490089] Wed, 07 October 2009 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prakash G.R. is currently offline Prakash G.R.Friend
Michelle Davidson wrote:

> I know how I can refresh the viewer, but I dont know in which methode I
> must implement this refresh or which methode I must override to get this
> behaviour.

IPerspectiveListener.perspectiveChanged()

- Prakash

Platform UI Team, IBM
http://blog.eclipse-tips.com
Re: Automatically refresh of a viewer after a perspective switch [message #490106 is a reply to message #490101] Wed, 07 October 2009 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the answer.

I have implement a IperspectiveListener2 in my View. But the Problem is the method perspectiveChanged() will only invoke, when I do something in the perspective for examble close or open a view. If I switch the perspective then the methode perspectiveActivated will be invoke. But at this moment the old perspective is still opened. And I don'g get my view from the new perspective.

Re: Automatically refresh of a viewer after a perspective switch [message #490107 is a reply to message #490089] Wed, 07 October 2009 11:43 Go to previous message
Sorry, I have made a mistake. With the methode perspectiveActivated I get my new perspective and the views on this perspective.
Previous Topic:Loss of Mouse events and OBSCURED widgets
Next Topic:Export feature without jnlp files generated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:05:52 GMT 2024