Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » API to find whether user has chosen to delete contents while deleting the project(API to find whether user has chosen to delete contents while deleting the project)
API to find whether user has chosen to delete contents while deleting the project [message #489591] Mon, 05 October 2009 07:30 Go to next message
Nayna Jain is currently offline Nayna JainFriend
Hi all,

IResourceChangeEvent.PRE_DELETE tells about the delete notification. But how to identify whether user has selected the option "Delete contents on hard disk" or "Do not delete contents on hard disk."

I saw that earliar also such a requirement was being posted . The link to that mail and the reply is as below :

http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform/msg04 824.html
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform/msg05 019.html

It was told to post a feature request for this requirement. I tried to do some search in Bugzilla but didn't get much info. Since this mail is of 2003, I wanted to know whether API for this information is being provided now in new releases.

And if yes then, what is that API or Event. ? Or what is the best way suggested now for to achieve this functionality.

Thanks & Regards,
- Nayna Jain
No response Re: API to find whether user has chosen to delete contents while deleting the project [message #490104 is a reply to message #489591] Wed, 07 October 2009 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nayna Jain is currently offline Nayna JainFriend
Hi all,

I have not got any response for my this question.

So, does it mean that there doesn't exists any such API which can tell
what action user has selected for deleting ?

Please let me know at least some response for it. Atleast whehter it can be found or not.

Thanks & Regards,
- Nayna Jain
Re: No response Re: API to find whether user has chosen to delete contents while deleting the projec [message #491595 is a reply to message #490104] Thu, 15 October 2009 08:06 Go to previous message
Ravi  is currently offline Ravi Friend
Well, Listen to IResourceChangeEvent.POST_CHANGE.
Check if the resource is still available or not. If you have to do certain things before the Resource delete operation is actually performed, then its not straight forward (like the API you are asking). You have to do workaround.

Regards,
Ravi
Previous Topic:Execute console commands, show output in console view
Next Topic:Increase speed of first open diagram in a fresh workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:54:36 GMT 2024