Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Supporting free floating connectors
Supporting free floating connectors [message #487948] Fri, 25 September 2009 00:42 Go to next message
Travis London is currently offline Travis LondonFriend
Hello All,

I am trying to determine the best approach for supporting a symbol which represents a line that can have bendpoints and be moved around the diagram. I think at this point the quickest approach would be to use a PolylineConnection, and add some custom move support (ctrl + mouse down and drag). However in the gmfmap model I must specify some target and source elements. So I thought I'd try and make the target and source the diagram element (termination on diagram), but this did not seem to work. If a node was used I'd have to create a custom node edit part that can be bent.

Can anybody offer some suggestions here? If it cannot be done using the existing gmfmap model support and code generation, can you point me in the right direction for extending the templates and ecore model to have custom figures supported?

Thanks,
Travis London
Re: Supporting free floating connectors [message #488179 is a reply to message #487948] Fri, 25 September 2009 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Shatalin is currently offline Alex ShatalinFriend
Hello Travis,

I suggest you to create temporary node and use it as an end of the connection.
You can display this node as a "dot", so it will be not visible..

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: Supporting free floating connectors [message #488193 is a reply to message #487948] Fri, 25 September 2009 20:28 Go to previous message
Travis London is currently offline Travis LondonFriend
I actually thought about that briefly today. Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a shot.
Previous Topic:Objects Location
Next Topic:[Announce] GMF 2.2.1 is available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:42:27 GMT 2024