Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Generic Server - exploded war in an exploded ear
Generic Server - exploded war in an exploded ear [message #487689] Thu, 24 September 2009 07:41
Yann Andenmatten is currently offline Yann AndenmattenFriend
Hi,

I'd like to publish an ear to an application installed by an external installer. I created a Generic Server and configured an antpublisher.

Unfortunately, when the ant script is called, the ear project already contains the zipped war (in .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp1\TestEarP roject).

I thought the war would be packaged (in the ear) also using the ant script. But despite the fact I also defined a facet for web projects, my ant script don't get called unless I deploy a war instead of an ear..

Here is my question: is there a way get control on how the war is packaged in the ear using ant. (I found a few threads about defining a new ServerType or ModuleType, which seams to be a lot of work). In the end, I will also need to get control of how the jar are packaged (some project are split is several jars).

Thanks,
Yann Andenmatten
Previous Topic:Automate WAR Export
Next Topic:Show senders of methods / functions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:12:58 GMT 2024