Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Unable to create workspace on a smb mounted directory
Unable to create workspace on a smb mounted directory [message #486660] Fri, 18 September 2009 14:32 Go to next message
pep  is currently offline pep Friend
Hi,

I'm working on a linux machine. I have another linux machine working as a samba server. First I mount a directory from the samba server into my local linux computer by doing:

pep:~# mount -t cifs //192.168.x.x/project -o username=pep,password=mypass /mnt/pep_project

Then I open eclipse, and try to switch workspace to /mnt/pep_project, but it tells that cannot create the workspace because it's in use or for other reasons ...

I don't know what can i do, any ideas? Please help,

thanks in advance,
Pep
Re: Unable to create workspace on a smb mounted directory [message #487541 is a reply to message #486660] Wed, 23 September 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pep  is currently offline pep Friend
I'm still dealing with this problem! Nobody had a similar situation?

What is the right way to work in a mounted smb directory as a eclipse workspace? Do you think it's a system bug, or eclipse bug?

Thanks
Re: Unable to create workspace on a smb mounted directory [message #487676 is a reply to message #487541] Thu, 24 September 2009 06:33 Go to previous message
Sergey is currently offline SergeyFriend
> I'm still dealing with this problem! Nobody had a similar situation?
>
> What is the right way to work in a mounted smb directory as a eclipse
> workspace? Do you think it's a system bug, or eclipse bug?
>
> Thanks

I'm using the FileSync plugin
( http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/modules.php?op=modload&a mp;name=Web_Links&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=58 5)
for synchronization a local project with a mounted directory.
Previous Topic:[Announce] PDT 2.1.3M2 is available
Next Topic:copy/paste is a real test of patience
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:36:17 GMT 2024