Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Cache images system for Gallery widget
Cache images system for Gallery widget [message #479527] Tue, 11 August 2009 12:24 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: vicenterg.arrakis.es

Hello!

Does anybody know a good system cache for use with the gallery widget in
order to work with large images???

If not, can you tell me where in Internet can i find a snippet to do for
myself a caching system?

Thanks!!!
Re: Cache images system for Gallery widget [message #479600 is a reply to message #479527] Tue, 11 August 2009 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas Richeton is currently offline Nicolas RichetonFriend
Hi,

What kind of cache do you need exactly ?

I've implemented several levels of caching in ShareMedia which was the original project of the Gallery widget (http://blog.richeton.com/sharemedia).

Basically, I use a reference counting service on images, which keeps images in memory a few seconds after all references have been released. This saves a lot of image loading because I'm able to reuse a lot of them from memory.

On the Gallery side, I have a custom image renderer which uses a size-limited cache based on the reference counting service. I set a maximum number of image for the gallery (let's say 400). The cache keeps references on images. When more image are loaded, the references on the older ones are released. This way, only images which stay out of the client view for several seconds get disposed.

I'm in the process of releasing this service/cache as a separate project. Help is welcome Smile

--
Nicolas

Re: Cache images system for Gallery widget [message #598125 is a reply to message #479527] Tue, 11 August 2009 16:52 Go to previous message
Nicolas Richeton is currently offline Nicolas RichetonFriend
Hi,

What kind of cache do you need exactly ?

I've implemented several levels of caching in ShareMedia which was the original project of the Gallery widget (http://blog.richeton.com/sharemedia).

Basically, I use a reference counting service on images, which keeps images in memory a few seconds after all references have been released. This saves a lot of image loading because I'm able to reuse a lot of them from memory.

On the Gallery side, I have a custom image renderer which uses a size-limited cache based on the reference counting service. I set a maximum number of image for the gallery (let's say 400). The cache keeps references on images. When more image are loaded, the references on the older ones are released. This way, only images which stay out of the client view for several seconds get disposed.

I'm in the process of releasing this service/cache as a separate project. Help is welcome :)

--
Nicolas
Previous Topic:Cache images system for Gallery widget
Next Topic:Newbie Gallery questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:40:32 GMT 2024