Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Using the same Eclipse application on Linux/Windows/Mac... (was "Headless build on Windows usin
Using the same Eclipse application on Linux/Windows/Mac... (was "Headless build on Windows usin [message #478714] Thu, 06 August 2009 14:04 Go to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hello,

I have seen and used several Galileo-based RCP applications, built using DeltaPack, which are packaged with launchers for several platforms (Linux, win, osx), and I can successfully use their application in command line using "java -jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar -application [app]" .
For a RCP build purpose, I would like to have a single Galileo base with DeltaPack that I could use to call org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner application on any platform. This is the same thing as what I am able to do with my previous RCP examples. However, I always get a NoClassDefFound (org/eclipse/swt/SWTError while loading AbstractUIPlugin) when trying to call this antRunner on any system except Linux. As far as I remember, the same trick was working with Ganymede.

How can I get the expected behaviour of a multi-platform Eclipse to invoke antRunner? I imagine it is related to p2 and/or target platform definition, but I may be totally wrong ;)

Thanks in advance
Mickael
Re: Using the same Eclipse application on Linux/Windows/Mac... (was "Headless build on Windows [message #479371 is a reply to message #478714] Mon, 10 August 2009 19:00 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Wasn't this asked in the Platform forum/newgroup (it's the same general forum)?

But anyway, you'll probably need to ask in the equinox newsgroup.

PW

Previous Topic:contribute toolbar to a view
Next Topic:Getting "tab" or views
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:33:11 GMT 2024